Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Buster Brown
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played this game with a couple friends last night and we had two questions regarding the beginning setup phase:

1. At the setup phase for the characters, the merciless dice roll sent one of my characters to the parking lot. When the Chief of Security rolled the dice and placed zombies, one ended up in the parking lot with my character. What happens to the hapless character at that beginning point? Are they eaten in the parking lot even before the first vote occurs? Or do they have the opportunity to use a weapon-card to kill them? (I had a grenade card, so we played that I could use that to kill the zombie and keep my character alive.)

2. When the Chief of Security rolls and sets up the very first round of zombies, what happens when one of the dice shows a zombie should go to an already-closed area (Cachou in a three-player game is supposed to be closed at the beginning, per the rules.) Do you re-roll that dice or do you just not use a zombie for that bad roll?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Imboden
United States
Evanston
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1) Nothing. Setup phase is before the game starts. Your character just knows that they're at risk right now... and they're searching the truck before they leave, so, yay truck.

2) If the zombies are scheduled to go somewhere they can't go, just like characters, they end up in the Parking Lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Schmidt
United States
Maquoketa
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Opie wrote:

2) If the zombies are scheduled to go somewhere they can't go, just like characters, they end up in the Parking Lot.

The rules say that if a closed location is rolled for the zombies you don't place that zombie. You only place zombies in locations they are rolled for.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Myers
United States
Madison
WI
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is no zombie attack during setup - you'll search the truck, elect a chief of security and move before the zombies attack the first time.

Also, zombies rolled for closed locations are not placed (as much as we'd like to place them!).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Buster Brown
United States
Maryland Heights
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for the answers! Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the setup phase one of the best things that could happen would be to end up starting a character in the parking lot, since there's no danger from zombies, and you have free access to the trunk?

Given that, the parking lot doesn't seem to hold much danger in the beginning.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Franklin
United States
Milton
Washington
flag msg tools
He sees you when you're sleeping; he knows when you're awake ...
badge
He knows if you've been bad or good.
mbmbmbmbmb
Buster Brown wrote:
Thanks for the answers! Correct me if I'm wrong, but during the setup phase one of the best things that could happen would be to end up starting a character in the parking lot, since there's no danger from zombies, and you have free access to the trunk?

Given that, the parking lot doesn't seem to hold much danger in the beginning.

Thanks.

IF you're the only person there and IF you only have one character, the Parking Lot is a GREAT place to start the game.

If there's someone else there, you may not get to search the truck. If you have more than one character, then you're likely to lose one (unless, of course, there are no zombies there).

Eric

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.