Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
T. Hedden
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is it possible for a merger to include a company that has not yet been acquired ("started")?

The rules always refer to mergers as involving anyone with open slots or the owners of the two companies, and the acquistion rules refer to starting new companies. This leads me to believe that unacquired companies do not actually exist yet, but are only potential companies, and therefore can't be included in a merger. (If this is allowed, it would essentially open a new path for those invested in Merger R&D rather than Slots to pay to acquire a company.)

Thanks in advance for any help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
While the English rules don't explicitly say that mergers have to be between owned companies, they certainly strongly imply it in a number of ways (including the fact that no mention is made of how to handle the case where one or both of the companies are unowned). So, I have to assume that is what was meant. Certainly that's how we have been playing it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding is that the unacquired companies don't actually exist yet.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeroen Doumen
Netherlands
Eindhoven
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this player's page
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hedden wrote:
Is it possible for a merger to include a company that has not yet been acquired ("started")?

No.

Jeroen

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.