Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Warren Tutwiler
United States
Centerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Help! I'd like to play with the Egypt map, and I don't have any problem using the German place-names, but I can't make out the intent of some of the "mystery train" cards in that set, as I don't know any German. Babel Fish was helpful, but only to an extent. The cards that are the same as the standard Mystery Train cards I've got, but the others I could only guess at. I've listed all of them below, in case someone else is interested as well (German, then Babel Fish, then either Mystery Train or my guess):

Bahnhofsvorsteher.
Er erhält 10 Punkte, wenn er am Ende des Spiels die meisten Städte erschlossen hat.

Station chief.
It receives 10 points, if it opened most cities at the end of the play.

Station Agent.
Collect 10 points if you have visited the most cities by game’s end.

Triebfahrzeugführer.
Wenn alle Waggons aufgebraucht wurden, können Sie mit dieser Karte einen Bonus von 10 Punkten kassieren.

Traction vehicle leader.
If all railroad cars were used up, you can take a bonus of 10 points with this map.

[???]
[Collect 10 points if you have used all your railroad cars.]

Schaffner.
Er kann am Ende des Spiels den Wert einer beliebigen Zielkarte verdoppeln, die 10 Punkte oder weniger einbringt.

Schaffner. [?]
It can double the value of any goal map, which brings in 10 points less or at the end of the play.

Inspector.
Double the value of any one of your Destination tickets worth 10 points or less, at game’s end.

Ingenieur. (card appears twice)
Er sucht sich eine beliebige Zielkarte seiner Wahl aus dem Stapel aus. Spielen Sie diese Karte anstelle eines Zuges.
Engineer.
It selects itself any goal map of its choice from the pile. Play this map in place of a course.

Engineer.
Choose one destination ticket of your choice from the Draw pile. Play this card in lieu of your turn.

Industriemagnat.
Er erhält 10 Punkte, wenn er am Ende des Spiels eine Verbindung zwischen Norden und Süden des Landes hergestellt hat.

Industrial magnet.
It receives 10 points, if it made a connection between the north and the south of the country at the end of the play.

Tycoon.
Collect 10 points if you have a North-to-South connection by game’s end. (Mystery Train original had Coast-to-Coast rather than North-to-South)

Verschiebebahnhof.
Mit dieser Karte können 3 Zusatzwaggons angeschafft werden.

Marshalling yard.
With this map 3 auxiliary railroad cars can be purchased.

Marshalling yard. [?]
[You may trade this card for 3 additional railroad cars.]

Schwarzfahrer.
Diese Karte kann am Ende des Spiels augespielt werden Sie erlaubt die Verwendung der Bahnstrecke eines beliebigen Konkurrenten.

Black driver.
This map can be eye-played at the end of the play you permits the use of the railroad line of any competitor.

[???]
[You may treat one railroad line of any other player as your own at the game’s end.]

I've indicated with brackets the ones I'm having trouble with. Any help would be appreciated!

- Warren

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
...sure...
Netherlands
Rijen
Noord Brabant
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Triebfahrzeugführer.
Wenn alle Waggons aufgebraucht wurden, können Sie mit dieser Karte einen Bonus von 10 Punkten kassieren.
Traction vehicle leader.
If all railroad cars were used up, you can take a bonus of 10 points with this map.
[???]
[Collect 10 points if you have used all your railroad cars.]

Correct. 'Karte' can mean both map or card, I think

Verschiebebahnhof.
Mit dieser Karte können 3 Zusatzwaggons angeschafft werden.
Marshalling yard.
With this map 3 auxiliary railroad cars can be purchased.
Marshalling yard. [?]
[You may trade this card for 3 additional railroad cars.]

Correct, I think... Map = Card.

Schwarzfahrer.
Diese Karte kann am Ende des Spiels augespielt werden Sie erlaubt die Verwendung der Bahnstrecke eines beliebigen Konkurrenten.
Black driver.
This map can be eye-played at the end of the play you permits the use of the railroad line of any competitor.
[???]
[You may treat one railroad line of any other player as your own at the game’s end.]

There's an S missing in 'augespielt'. So it's 'This card can be played...'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.