Jonathan Degann
United States
Tarzana
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dave*, Jonathan, Winton
Very close and exciting game in some ways, a little tedious in others. I was playing a nearly solotaire game down on my end of the board. With only a couple of minor conflicts and no monuments, I thought I was way out of it. Dave and Winton on the other hand, were enjoying the fruits of one, then two monuments. However, I played a very balanced game and took five treasures. Dave was running amok in red, but for much of the game had no black.

I desperately wanted to end the game, but to do so, connecting two kingdoms for a final treasure collection, would have created a big black conflict that I would have lost, and which could have put Winton over the top. Meanwhile, Dave was starting to collect on a new black monument, rapidly catching up.

Winton elected to make an alternative play that ended the game - relieving me greatly. When we tallied it up, we were all tied in best color, Dave and I were tied in second color, and Dave won by one cube in the third color!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.