Popular Tags: [View All]
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This holiday weekend my daughter and I set up a mega game of talisman. We included every expansion published in fourth edition.

We also used the hidden final chapter option where the crown command is replaced by a facedown card.

I was the swashbuckler and my daughter chose the vampire hunter.

The early game saw both of us go to the city. While in the city my daughter took on the city guard and found herself locked up in jail pretty quickly in the game. She managed to get out after a few turns and shying away from any further misadventures there rushed her way To the highlands where she felt her luck would be better. It didn't take long for her to run into a mischievous fairy of Some sort who turned her into a toad. She managed to stay in this form through one bit of bad luck after another for approximately nine turns.

Meanwhile I had a stroke of good luck throughout this entire period of time and did eventually go to the highlands and defeat the boss. I had quite a few followers with me as well as a number of good magic items and after a foray into the dungeon Which went quite successfully I ended up on the crown of command. I should mention that during the space of time in the middle of the game my daughter did make a failed attempt at the dungeon or she got to the final boss and lost the battle by one measly pip on the dice.

Once on the crown a command I flipped over the card only to find that it was the blood Moon werewolf. I really figured to have the game in the bag as I had overwhelming advantage on this guy and did take away One Life from him. Unfortunately I was out of fate and on my second roll against him I rolled very poorly and he rolled very well which led to a tie in combat. This meant that I had to roll on the werewolf card. At that time I had four life.

So with all the odds stacked in my favor my next Four dice rolls sequentially wera a two followed by a two followed by a two and finally a fourth two. This meant that the werewolf killed me in one turn with me unable to do anything but watch with the most improbable of rolls in combination.

At that point the game had stretched out for quite a while and it was really time to pack up so I went ahead and gave her the victory.

This is one of the great things about Talisman. You're never too safe and you are never too far behind.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Kaercher
United States
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tarheel wrote:
She managed to stay in this form through one bit of bad luck after another for approximately nine turns.
Thanks for the writeup. Moments like this are why this game will always have a place in my collection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Endicott
Australia
MARYLAND
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ex Nihilo wrote:
tarheel wrote:
She managed to stay in this form through one bit of bad luck after another for approximately nine turns.
Thanks for the writeup. Moments like this are why this game will always have a place in my collection.
Same here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I saw a few typos in my writeup and have tried to fix them. Its all Siri to blame as i put too much trust in voice recognition...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Hurst
United States
Gastonia
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One other ironic item...the werewolf spent most of the game playing santa and roaming around showering gifts upon us with rolls of 6...bastard could have at least been consistent in the endgame. Nothing comes free...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls