Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Webb
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a strange situation at the end of this game. Maybe it's because we've only played it a couple of times but at the end I was in a situation to decide who won the game with no incentive to myself.

We were down to the last move. Yellow has 2 people out and 2 people dead. Blue has 2 people out and 2 people dead (but got there after yellow). Green (me) has 1 person out, 1 person still in and 2 dead. Red has 1 out , 2 in and 1 dead. Currently red is standing on the exit, green has a 3 mover next to it and red a 4 mover also next to his other piece.

So as I see it, either red moves out, I stand on the exit, red is stuck. Then yellow wins and I am last because I only have 1 person out. Or, red moves out, I move out, red moves out. In which case red wins and I am last because I am last to get 2 people out. Seems odd that I should get to choose who wins whilst always being last. Any thoughts?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Mair
United States
Roy
Utah
flag msg tools
The Meeple Nation Boardgame Podcast - 30 minutes a week!
badge
BGGCon 2015 or Bust
mbmbmbmbmb
You do know that you can move through other players, don't you? You cannot end on their space but you can move through their space. Another player cannot block the exit. They can make it so you can't stop on the exit space, but they cannot prevent you from moving through it.

As for kingmaking in general, this is a difficult issue. If I had to choose between two players, I would try to use in-game situations to pick the one I preferred. If one had been a thorn in my side, then they get punished. If I don't have to choose between the two then I won't. I still try to make the best play, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Webb
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hahaha well that explains it then...If you can't block the exit then we had no issue. Thanks for clarifying!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We had somebody push a block into the exit corner space one game...on the last turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Biggar
United States
Mountain View
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yollege wrote:
We had somebody push a block into the exit corner space one game...on the last turn.

The rules cover that. Players may not push blocks on to the exit or entrance spaces. If the monster pushs one there is disappears, just like if it were pushed into a wall.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Olson
United States
Auburn
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Whoops. Missed that rule.

It was the first game we played .

It was alot funnier watching me win because I had 1 person out . Either way we enjoyed the game, but just haven't managed to get it out again yet (I also think it was the last time we had more than 5 players together).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Groves
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
However, this game does often end with a kingmaker decision involved. If you are not winning there is still a good chance one of your pieces is near the exit and can be used to direct the monster to one player or another.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.