7 Ages» Forums » Rules

Subject: Red artifact rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Håkan Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
We had a big rule discussion last session. Who actually get the -1 glory penalty for red artifacts; The player who play out the red artifact, or the targeted empire? Or do both get -1 glory?

Pardon my French.

//Håkan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hakanlarsson wrote:
We had a big rule discussion last session. Who actually get the -1 glory penalty for red artifacts; The player who play out the red artifact, or the targeted empire? Or do both get -1 glory?

Pardon my French.

//Håkan

The target empire receives the -1 GP for the red artifact.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
And I suppose you "only" count -1 glory on the turn the artifact is played out (not future turns)?

//Håkan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce X
United States
Unspecified
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
hakanlarsson wrote:
And I suppose you "only" count -1 glory on the turn the artifact is played out (not future turns)?

//Håkan

Yes, it only counts when it is first played.....although the adverse effects continue until it is removed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Håkan Larsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
mb
Ok.

Yet another question (they will soon shut me down from this forum, I am asking to many questions...):

I fought and won a battle in Palestine. The enemy had a builder in Palestine, and the builder didn’t participate in the battle. In the rules it says nothing about removing surviving leaders in the end off the battle, so I simply imprisoned the pore bastard; In the future the builder had to work for me.

1) Did we interpret the rules correctly; Can you claim any surviving leader if you win a battle (á la Werner Von Braun)?

2) If so: Would it be possible to send the builder in to the battle, just to kill him off, in case of defeat?

Regards,
Håkan Larsson

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
Sorry, leaders do not survive the death of their last accompanying unit.
Any unit committed to a battle and never retreating will end up victorious or dead. Leaders will share their fate.
When converting units, you also convert leaders in converted area(s)
(the s is for France and Germany).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Anderson
Canada
flag msg tools
Merrimac wrote:
Sorry, leaders do not survive the death of their last accompanying unit.
Any unit committed to a battle and never retreating will end up victorious or dead. Leaders will share their fate.
When converting units, you also convert leaders in converted area(s)
(the s is for France and Germany).

And this is very powereful when you convert a hex with an Admin leader! You end up with lots of troops. I di this, had a killer USA building and one of my dears friends hit me with "Volcano" and then "Empire Collapses" - ouch.

We are acyually thinking of adopting a house rule that a player cannot play more than one card on an empire at a time unless that empire plays a defensive card. I must also admit that I played the same combination of cards on him in an earlier game...revenge is indeed a dish best served cold.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Retired Hurt

Brussels
Unspecified
msg tools
You don't need any combo to make a newborn empire go phut.
Volcano is enough, if it starts in a mountain area, or if all its land units remain in one and same area (because they have few units, and glory conditions dictate other actions than spreading into the hinterland, e.g. Greece).

NB : about the topic : "are you allowed to play combos on somebody else's empire ?", my answer is a firm aye, because it's one of the riches of the game. What about, for example, hitting a nondispersed empire with Currency Crisis followed by Alliance (and please Produce)?
The ultimate combo being Empire Collapses - Vizier - Empire Collapses
But sure my CCG orientation is showing here.

NNB : I would welcome a card which would say 'reduce target empire's leader # to 0 from now on' (do not kill any leaders). It would make Uprising, It_was_an_accident and other cards more powerful.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.