Europe Engulfed» Forums » Rules

Subject: Breakthrough mov. at invasion rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bent Coff
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi Rick,

I have a question concerning breakth. oper. mov.

I (Allies) have launched an invasion and after the first combatround including reinforcement and/or counterattack from the Axis and I have still troops surviving on the beach.

Am I allowed to move new troops (both INF and PZ) to the beachhead via a S.A. breakthrough oper. mov. in the same allied gameturn ?

If so, does this requiere additional fleetpoints or can I use the same fleetpoints as I did during invasion ?

Otherwise I have experienced, that it is almost impossible to hold on to the beachhead.

PS. I have preordered your new game "The Bulge". I hope, that you will be able to start production soon. I have now played EE with my son some 30 -40 times and it is a fantastic game. We were both earlier A&A players, both haven`t played that since I bought EE.

Thanks in advance.

Bent Coff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Powers
United States
Triangle
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am not Rick, but you are correct. You can use an SA to reinforce the invasion hex with an operational move. You will need additional fleet points.

Good Luck!
Bill

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bill is absolutely correct in his ruling.

Which is not suprising as he has run an EE tournament or two in the past himself :-)

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bent Coff
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi Bill and Rick,

Thank you both for a quick answer.

To Rick:

What is the status about "The Bulge" ??

Regards

Bent Coff

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Young
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FAB: The Bulge status:

The rules have been through 37 refining edits so far and the game is being played by the playtest teams in the hope of flushing out any hidden anomolies before publication.

We are sitting at 506 pre-orders, and need 244 more to move into a production slot. In the mean time, we keep hammering away at it, trying to make a great game even better.

The rules are holding at 7.5 pages before graphics get inserted, so we are anticipating a 12 page rule book and a 12 page play book.

In the latest reports, the campaign game (Dec 16 - Dec 28) is taking our playtest teams 5 - 6 hours of play, but they think they can speed that up with more experience. The tournament scenario (Dec 17 - Dec 22) is taking 3-4 hours, and again, we hope this will get faster with experience.

The game is fun to play, and our playtest teams are looking forward to their next game, which is a good sign.

Thanks for your order, I'm doing my best to ensure you won't regret it :-)

Rick

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.