United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Are you up for a game of Wellington?
badge
I really do have a wonderful life.
mbmbmbmbmb
Recently our gaming group has been running six members at each luncheon gaming event, so when only three of us were available today, Malloc broke out Citadels, complete with the Dark City Expansion. It had come in the mail last week and it was time to put it on the table.

As the title of the session report states, this was my first time through the game, as it was Stephen's. Yet the rules were pretty simple and the roles easy to understand. Because we had three players, we had two roles a piece. The game moved very quickly.

My strategy by turn three, after having one role assassinated in the first round and another thieved in the second round, was to take the assassin and assassinate the thief right off the bat. I was king for a number of rounds in the game and was able to work this out to my advantage, or so I thought. Because I lost the advantage in the first two turns, I was never able to catch up when I shared the advantage with everyone on the board. Malloc had played once before and knew the value of the merchant and the architect. He also knew when to take the Bishop and the Warlord at the end of the game while Stephen and I were working out our game plans. Needless to say, Malloc won handily.

I could have taken the Warlord a number of times, but I was so caught up in my own victory that I did not work to deny others the opportunity.

What would I do in the second round of this game? Most likely take my chances with someone else taking the assassin. I controlled the game the way I wanted to control it, but I did not know the game well enough to know if this was an advantage or not.

In the next round, we will most likely be playing with single roles, which should make things more interesting. Stay tuned for the complete report here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.