Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
While I am aware that an expansion is already on the way for descent, I am hoping that FF might release a set of just extra dungeon pieces.
The set the comes with the game, while fairly versatile, is still on the limited side.

I wouldn't mind seeing expansion packs more along the line of Heroscape; with some packs including new monsters and 1 new dungeon piece/element, and others being mostly new pieces/elements with a new creature or 2. Unique cretures might also be a welcome edition (there's a whole pleathora of fantasy and mythological knock-off that could be produced).

So what do you think?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, luckily for me, my friend Nelson is the one who bought this game. So if expansions like this DO come out, HE will be the one to buy them, and not me Just like he did with Memoir '44.

I like the idea, I think, but I would just rather have a big set that they all come in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brent Lloyd
United States
League City
Texas
flag msg tools
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
badge
Canadian Game Design Award: http://www.fallcon.com/design
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree, new and different tile sets would be a GREAT addition to the game. Just think about it, a lava-ish tile set with a couple of Fire Salamanders, a rock and ice set with a Yeti or two, even a desert or jungle set. What fun!

I would also like to see a few variations in the tiles themselves. I have tried building a few floor plans and some of them don't work out because they don't line up correctly. A couple of 3 and 5 length corridor pieces would go a long way to compliment the 2,4&6 length hallways.

Currently all the rooms have those alcoves attached to them, it would be great to have a few odd shaped rooms and corridors to mix it up a bit.

I have pondered making my own pieces but have yet to find a suitable material. Picture matting is the closest I have found but its not as sturdy as the original tiles. Does anybody know where I could aquire some of that really hard cardboard that the original tiles are made from?

Peace

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"GAME OVER, MAN. GAME OVER!"
Denmark
Aarhus
Unwashed and somewhat slightly dazed...
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a little tip for those of you wanting to make your own dungeon pieces... If you haven´t already thrown away the card that was left over after punching out the components, DON`T DO IT ! you can cut out the "hooks" that make the pieces fit together, and attach them to your own new rooms and corridors. This is MUCH easier than trying to cut out anything usable with a pair of scissors, especially if you are using thick card to match the existing pieces.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Pavitt
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that Steve Jackson gets some hostile press here on the Geek, but the cardboard heroes dungeon and cavern tile sets are the same scale as descent tiles, but obviously don't have the jigsaw edge and are much thinner.

http://www.sjgames.com/heroes/

These might prove useful, at least until the official expansions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.