Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Blais
Canada
Burnaby
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hi everyone,
The next get together will be this Wednesday Feb 8th again at the Dr Bean Cafe in Burnaby.

The address is
7885 6th Street
Burnaby
It is right on the corner of 6th st and 10th Ave across from Mercer Stadium.

All are welcome!!!

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What games can we bring? Any request from my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dusik
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pat: I'd like to give a go at Bang. I've got it too, but haven't yet had a chance to get four or more together.

Mike: Twice now we have talked about playing Shadows Over Camelot. It's time to get it to the table!

Any requests from my collection?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Count me in!

I'm up for playing something new but have no problem bringing something from my small humble collection

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

K.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dusik
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey K2! I read your comments on Hammer of the Scots. I realize it probably isn't fodder for a games night, but I'd love to get a shot at that game some time. It's one that has been high on my radar for some while. While I am not a war gamer, I have been itching for something with a little more depth than Memoir '44. Hammer is supposed to be one of those games. Maybe between the two of us we can get the hang of it. Man, there's gotta be a "How many Kevin's does it take to..." joke in there somewhere!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Blais
Canada
Burnaby
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Daddy-O wrote:
Pat: I'd like to give a go at Bang. I've got it too, but haven't yet had a chance to get four or more together.

Mike: Twice now we have talked about playing Shadows Over Camelot. It's time to get it to the table!

Any requests from my collection?

So I will be bringing
Shadows over Camelot
Torres
Ingenious
Primordial Soup

if something else should come just speak up
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've made requests of Mike already, on the Google group, so I won't try to bite off more than I can chew, heh. Both Kevin and Pat have a wonderful selection of games, full of stuff I'd love to try. I'm like a kid in a candy store! Or a bull in a china shop. One of the two.

Pat, I'll second a request to try Bang.

Kevin, Mike I think plans to bring Torres and Ingenious (edit: sniped by the man hisself!), which both support 4 players max, so games that support more would be good. I would love to see a game of Shadows over Camelot in action, but I'll be late again (7-ish I think) so I suspect I wouldn't be in time for it. It's OK, I'd love to watch even.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What time do things usually get underway? I can be there anytime, just wanted to make sure I don't show up too late or too early.

Thanks,

K2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Blais
Canada
Burnaby
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
6ish is good, we'll be there around 5:30 to get some dinner.

Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess I'm late to the party, but I will try to make it for tomorrow. Can't guarantee 6pm - probably more like 7 for me, but no guarantees. Will that be a problem?

BTW My collection is... well, extensive. LMK if there's anything anyone wants to try.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I missed another one eh

I'm hitting up Drexoll's game night this Friday if anyone is interested. I went two weeks ago and had a grand time plaing some of Rick's goodies

Drexoll Games
2860 West 4th Ave.
Vancouver, BC

The games usually start up around 6:45pm.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Blais
Canada
Burnaby
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Whenever you can make it is good. So far there has been enough turnover in games that you shouldn't have to wait long to get into one.

See you tonight
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for another fun gaming night! We got to play two games there were new to us: Primordial Soup and Shadows over Camelot.

Looking forward to next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Blais
Canada
Burnaby
B.C
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We had a great time too, looking forward to the next gathering in a couple of weeks.
Waleah and I also want to say thanks for your support on our coming gaming weekend, we'll make sure to keep everone informed of developments once we get back and planning gets underway in ernest.

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wanted to chime in and say thanks for the great evening. It was a real pleasure meeting friendly game geeks and eating some with my amoeba

Today I just picked up Power Grid, Mexica and Louis XIV. Looking forward to the next get-together!

K2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pat T
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now, you really need to keep your amoeba to yourself!

I know Derek will be interested in Power Grid. I hope you can bring it next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Snell
Canada
Penticton
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll bring PG for sure! I've had a chance to play it twice now and it's alot of fun. Can't wait to try it with 6 players!

I also just picked up Runebound, Nautilus and Keythedral.

K2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dusik
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
K2,
Wow, what a game buying spree you've been on! Power Grid and Keythedral have both been high on my list too. Would love to play either. I'll admit, I was so taken by the fun of Diamant on Thursday that I have already ordered it and a game called Lost Valley. Hope to have them soon.

K1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Korner
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Stop poking me! Ow! I mean it! That hurts!
mbmbmbmbmb
Lost Valley's actually quite a fun exploration game. If you're interested I'm happy to bring my copy to the next get-together - it's been a while since I've had the chance to play it.

pk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Reading your recent posts has been like dipping my bottom over and over into a bath of the silkiest oils and creams.
mbmbmbmbmb
I too really enjoyed Diamant. It's a great light game that I'll likely play anytime it shows up.

I would love a chance to try Louis XIV next time; someone brought it and I didn't get a chance. It's one I really want to try. Ah, my collection is much too tiny and gateway-ish for this group! I'm going to try to get some new games before our next get-together.

Speaking of that, any thoughts on the talked-about Saturday meet-up? We didn't do it this Saturday but I'm thinking we don't necessarily have to wait a whole month to try again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Dusik
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That would be great, Patrick. I guess I shouldn't be surprised to learn that you own it. Darryl, what games are you leaning towards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually placed an order since our meeting, heh. Nothing too heavy yet, because I still mostly play with the wife and her brother, who are far from gamers. I also had wanted to focus on games that I could play with the missus only but with more if need be.

I really enjoyed our game of China so I picked that up. My family is Chinese so I'm hoping they'll enjoy the theme, plus I feel like it'll play well with two, two colours per. Also in the order is Attika, Kahuna, 6 Nimmt and Der Untergang von Pompeji.

I'm already thinking about my next order. Samurai's a definite, eventually. Louis XIV and Through the Desert are two others I've been eyeing intently, but I may just wait and see if I can't give them a play before purchase.

It's a shame I can't easily get to the alternate meet-ups. But definitely looking forward to our next meeting, as always.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
Darryl, I have a copy of throught the desert I would love to play with you, it is one of my favorite games right now. Also I would love to try out Der Untergang von Pompeji!

I have not made any of these Burnaby nights either, but will be trying come in the future. Alternatively you could come to my game night, which is thursday at 6pm on UBC campus (details on request). OR you could join me at drexoll one of these friday nights, they have a board game night every week, I try to make as many as possible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darryl Boone
Canada
Coquitlam
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:
I have not made any of these Burnaby nights either, but will be trying come in the future. Alternatively you could come to my game night, which is thursday at 6pm on UBC campus (details on request). OR you could join me at drexoll one of these friday nights, they have a board game night every week, I try to make as many as possible.

Unforunately it isn't really feasible for me to make it into Vancouver on a weeknight. The first meetup in south Granville wasn't possible for me, Drexoll is just as unlikely, and UBC is right out. But thanks for the offer all the same!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devon Sheppard
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
badge
Fooorish Samurai!
mbmbmbmbmb
A little tardy perhaps, but I had a great time at the last meet too. Just put in my order for Diamant and Shadows Over Camelot at Le Valet yesterday.

Also getting Puerto Rico; haven't played it yet (or even actually seen it in real life), but I've read so much about it that I guess I really should have it.

Maybe one day I'll get to play Settlers of Catan, too.

D

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.