Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[Pardon me if this has come up before -- I didn't find it searching through the postings.]

OK, how many Early War cards are there and how many should still be in the draw pile at the beginning of turn 3?

The couple of times I played solitare (through mid-war), I had only 1 card in the draw pile at the beginning of turn 3. Then I realized that car 101 (Formosan Res) and 103 (Defectors) were buried in the Late War cards. Now, adding those, I end up with 3 cards at the beginning of turn 3.

But, the example of play states that there should 5 cards in the pile!?

So, am I missing 3 cards or is the example wrong again?

[I have cards 1 through 34, minus the China Card plus 101 and 103.]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
This number is affected by play of the China Card. If you never played it and they did twice (or you 1 they 3), that would explain the difference of 2.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Blockade event will also effect the count, as will Five Year Plan.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Heaney
United States
Quincy
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Right . . . the China Card. OK, got that.

But Blockade and Five Year Plan only force one to discard a card from you hand; it doesn't affect how many cards are drawn and thus wouldn't impact how many cards are left the deck, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Dieringer
United States
Schenectady
New York
flag msg tools
badge
In the early war, you always play 7 cards. (headline + 6 impulses) If a card makes you discard a card, you will have 0 cards left at the end of the turn instead of 1 causing you to draw 1 more. Other CDG's usually play out cards, but this one is a little different in this respect.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.