Popular Tags: [View All]
Scott Mellon
United States
Erie
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This Saturday we got our second run at TI3. This was my second run, but everyone else was new. It was Me (got to look at opponents hands), Josh (I don’t recall anything about his race) Beckwith (robots from 0.0.0), Big John (another of the war-like races that get to steal trade goods) Pez (merchants) around the table. The three of us that weren’t warlike agreed not to attack each other, and the war-like races did the same with each other.

My secret objective was to get to Mekatol rex and have 8 cap ships there and a space dock. I worked my way out there, and built the space dock. Once I got to 5 ships I realized I had earlier pushed through a law limiting fleets to 5. Grrrrr, always keep track of those pesky secret objectives.

Around this time Pez had started to pull ahead and we were all marshalling our forces to crush him. Sadly, we moved too slowly, and determined that Pez would indeed win. Had we realized a turn earlier, we could have put a stop to him, maybe. Damn that asteroid buffer between him and I. It wouldn’t allow me to assault his home world with any dreads.

One of the most entertaining things in the game was Big John’s purchase of the Death Stars…I mean War Suns, yeah, War Suns. Every time he moved them, at least one person would start humming the Imperial March. Too much fun!

Surprisingly, I taught the game and played in around 3 hours. Our first run had been about 6 hours. This makes me hopeful that the game may see more light of day.

One concern I have is the Imperial Card. We had little open warfare before the game was over. I like that there are multiple ways to score points in this game, not just crush your opponents, but maybe there needs to be a llittle more conflict. Maybe we’ll try the 1VP variant for the Imperial card next time. Hopefully FFG will be looking at all the comments and doing something about it in the upcoming expansion.

Keep your eyes peeled as I’m sure Pez will jump in and add some more details to the session report.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.