Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
Seen this in the CSI website today but can't find any other info elsewhere:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188958

Quote:
Description:
Expected Release: October 2013. Date subject to change.

- 2 new monsters (with their score board and their cardboard standee)
- 16 Evolution cards (for those new monsters)
- 12 cards featuring a new mechanism for the night of Halloween
- 1 promo card for the new stand alone planned in 2014
- 6 extra engraved dice (black & orange)

Notes:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
KY
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
Microbadge: Monster Lands fanMicrobadge: StarCraft: Brood War fanMicrobadge: Warhammer 40,000: Conquest fanMicrobadge: Galaxy Trucker fanMicrobadge: Star Wars: Rebellion fan
can't say I'm excited by the news. I'm not a fan of holiday expansion for games. 2 new monsters is cool (one has to be a zombie like monster), but it coming with extra dice will drive up the price and adds a mechanism for halloween will never get played with.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Crespi
Italy
Bologna
Italy
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Tron fanMicrobadge: Parent of a Boy and a GirlMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many GamesMicrobadge: The Secret of Monkey Island fanMicrobadge: Doraemon fan
SeerMagic wrote:
(one has to be a zombie like monster)
Is there a medical prescription?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris G
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
Microbadge: 5 Year Geek VeteranMicrobadge: Board Game Plus Member!Microbadge: Copper ReviewerMicrobadge: Blood Bowl fanMicrobadge: Level 06 BGG poster
More monsters = more variety sounds good to me. As for the special dice/Halloween mechanic, Every Day is Halloween
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt
United States
Avon
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Dice Masters: Uncanny X-men fanMicrobadge: Marvel Champions fanMicrobadge: Mage Knight Board Game fanMicrobadge: Fabled Fruit fanMicrobadge: KeyForge fan - Untamed
Quote:

Wait, what? wow

Is there a stand alone follow-up to King of Tokyo in the works?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
Microbadge: VegetarianMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer fanMicrobadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fan
The problem with the 12 new cards is that they are too few to use them separately but when you mix them with all other cards, you might only see one or two of them during a game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Castles of Burgundy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Yokohama Deluxe fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fan
New dice? Come on, don't make me pay extra for stuff I don't need.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laszlo Stadler
Germany
Munich
flag msg tools
badge
Live long and prosper!
Microbadge: VegetarianMicrobadge: Star Trek fanMicrobadge: Ascension: Chronicle of the Godslayer fanMicrobadge: Tea drinkerMicrobadge: Mice and Mystics fan
PhoenixPez wrote:
If you don't need Halloween dice, than you don't need the Halloween Pack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tuba fanMicrobadge: RSP Dominionist (sympathizer)Microbadge: Taco de Mayo 2018 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!Microbadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kiwanis
PhoenixPez wrote:
How do you know you don't need them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Teverbaugh
United States
Anderson
Indiana (IN)
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Dominion fanMicrobadge: Space Base fanMicrobadge: Ecos : First Continent fanMicrobadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: Level 19 BGG poster
I love the idea of another set of dice so they don't need to be passed around the table when 3 or 4 people play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the Week
I'm hoping the dice are not an extra set just in orange/black, but have to do with the new Halloween mechanism from the 12 new cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Campbell
United States
Lake Worth
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: January is New Gamemaster Month!Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: 2020 RPGG challenge: play five RPGs you have never played before participantMicrobadge: It doesn't matter who you are - you can go to a library and read anythingMicrobadge: 2019 RPG Geek Secret Santa Participant
...And ordered.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Boyll
United States
Kuna
Idaho
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Parent of Two GirlsMicrobadge: Tool fanMicrobadge: I spend more time on BGG than playing games!Microbadge: Math TraderMicrobadge: I smell new games!
Bolding is mine.
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Seen this in the CSI website today but can't find any other info elsewhere:

http://www.coolstuffinc.com/p/188958

Quote:
Description:

- 2 new monsters (with their score board and their cardboard standee)
More variety is not always a bad thing.
- 16 Evolution cards (for those new monsters)
Except in this case. The Evolution cards broke the game.
- 12 cards featuring a new mechanism for the night of Halloween
Interested in knowing more.
That is quite the news find. Stand alone has worked well for several game franchises. I think.
- 6 extra engraved dice (black & orange)
Did the Ticket to ride Halloween themed train pieces sell enough to validate this?

Notes:

Thanks for the info Thomas. I'm adding you as a geek buddy because I keep seeing you in all the same BGG places and threads I follow.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: I like learning games more than winning them!Microbadge: TraderMicrobadge: Type O Negative fanMicrobadge: Owner of Too Many Unplayed GamesMicrobadge: 2-player Games fan
@Sean, Thanks. Just trying to contribute where I can. Take a look at some of my geeklists, they may be helpful.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
Microbadge: Golden MeepleMicrobadge: One does not simply recognize great geeks. Not with 10,000 stars could you do this...Microbadge: The Geek Citizenship Recognition Program Rolls On!Microbadge: Geek of the WeekMicrobadge: Love Spreader of the Week
@Sean, why do you think Evolution cards broke the game?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Microbadge: Tuba fanMicrobadge: RSP Dominionist (sympathizer)Microbadge: Taco de Mayo 2018 - I ate 31 tacos in 31 days!Microbadge: Level 20 BGG posterMicrobadge: Kiwanis
Robman wrote:
I'm not sure what this was referring to, but it sounds like it could be a separate thread or geekmail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: FishingMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: I love dry, soulless Euros!!!Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."Microbadge: George Bernard Shaw - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
Well I'm excited for this, I agree extra dice is not really necessary since you have to pass them around clockwise anyway, but black and orange sound pretty cool.

2 new monsters, always good. I don't even care if they are halloween themed because they are all monsters anyway, so it doesn't deviate too much from the theme.

(plus I'm actually a fan of the evolution cards, they added much needed variety to the monsters. They are just a variant, you don't have to play with them)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay Reigns
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Castles of Burgundy fanMicrobadge: Terraforming Mars fanMicrobadge: Yokohama Deluxe fanMicrobadge: I play with green!Microbadge: Heavy Cardboard podcast fan
lfisher wrote:
PhoenixPez wrote:
How do you know you don't need them?
It says "Extra dice" so my assumption is that they're just the same dice only orange instead of black. They'd just sit in my box of things I'll never use but don't have the heart to throw away.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor wolf

Missouri
msg tools
badge
Microbadge: FishingMicrobadge: I Play All GamesMicrobadge: I love dry, soulless Euros!!!Microbadge: "Wow, this movie's really drawing me in… to a deep well of despair."Microbadge: George Bernard Shaw - We don't stop playing because we grow old, we grow old because we stop playing.
almost more excited about the standalone expansion.....this means 4-6 more monsters.

More is better...........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
bigGameGeek wrote:
Well I'm excited for this, I agree extra dice is not really necessary since you have to pass them around clockwise anyway, but black and orange sound pretty cool.

2 new monsters, always good. I don't even care if they are halloween themed because they are all monsters anyway, so it doesn't deviate too much from the theme.

(plus I'm actually a fan of the evolution cards, they added much needed variety to the monsters. They are just a variant, you don't have to play with them)
Are the evolution cards from the Power Up expansion? I just ordered that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
lfisher wrote:
Robman wrote:
I'm not sure what this was referring to, but it sounds like it could be a separate thread or geekmail.
Not really because we're all speculating on the Halloween Pack which does include Evolution cards. But I understand your point to try and not detract from the OP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
LunarSoundDesign wrote:
Are the evolution cards from the Power Up expansion? I just ordered that.
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Robman wrote:
lfisher wrote:
Robman wrote:
Not really because we're all speculating on the Halloween Pack which does include Evolution cards. But I understand your point to try and not detract from the OP.
Oh I also missed Sean's bold replies in the comment.

I am also curious, but yeah would probably be ideal as a thread in Power Up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Robman wrote:
I thought these cards were supposed to make each character more unique? What dont you like about them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Nielsen
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
Microbadge: Horror Games fanMicrobadge: Punk fanMicrobadge: Spider loverMicrobadge: Home BrewerMicrobadge: Colorado
I think this is great news. I'm a huge fan of Halloween in general and it just fits into the game theme. My guess is one of them will be a giant pumpkin head scarecrow monster. I welcome the extra dice with open arms.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   |