Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Vail
United States
Yakima
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My opponent, playing Hannibal, initially launched his three right flank warrior units into the tail end of my column, mauling or destroying several units. Thankfully, they got pretty roughed up in the process and I was able to scatter them while moving some of my line off the lake, where retreat would spell certain doom and light units would have no ability to evade. After a successful sortie on his left flank, my opponent seemed to feel assured of victory by his 4-0 advantage and settled into whittling down my remaining forces with riskless missile fire for the most part. Even hampered as I was by limited command cards, this gave me the chance to form a strong line on my right flank, get my left flank into something resembling order, and move my most damaged units out of harm's way. Had he pressed the attack with the cavalry on his right flank my troops would most likely have been pushed back to the lake and annihilated. As it was, my reformed flanks pressed the attack where his line was weak or he failed to protect injured units, eventually closing the gap to 6-5 in favor of the Carthagians. At this point, the outcome was still in doubt, as three Roman units in missile or close combat range were at one block. But with one last desperate Line Command on my right flank my Roman infantry smashed the Carthagian line, wiping out a unit of medium infantry and the unit of heavy infantry commanded by Hannibal himself, both from full strength. Final score: 7-6 Romans.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Petrie
United States
Albuquerque
New Mexico
flag msg tools
Great session report. I can't wait to play this with you. It sounds really exceptional.

Although, with a point of concern about your well being, how could you not play as Hannibal all the time?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.