Popular Tags: [View All]
Tim Deagan
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
This may sound stupid, but a rules-lawyer reading of the rulebook leaves a tiny window that suggests that every agent should move on every player's turn.

Here's the pitch:
- The guard and dog move on every player's turn, why would all but one agent stay still during that time?
- Each person takes a 'turn' but that would consist of rolling the dice and playing cards, movement is everyone every turn, the number rolled on the big die.
- You can't roll yourself out of jail unless you're the one rolling the die.

The rules are a bit vague, referring to 'turns' but not stating that you only move on your turn.

Is everyone else already playing this way? We haven't been, but we get beaten badly (we've only played 2 person against the 15 minute clock.) The guys talking about winning in 2 minutes must be doing something different than us.

Maybe we've just been lousy players,
cheers.
--tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Kob
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
We've played 4 times with four players. Lost twice, won twice. Each time we won we had less than 2 minutes left on a 30 minute clock. We do not play with concurrent movement. Since we are winning sometimes but in nail biting finishes, I have to think that is how the game was designed to be played.

In fact, when we play I always find myself thinking, they really play tested this game to near perfection.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Deagan
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thanks,
That's the kind of sanity check I was looking for. I hadn't anticipated the crypto-dexterity aspect of having to roll and move the guard and dog really quickly to get in as many moves as possible.

Now I've just got to control myself and not snatch my kid's agent out of his hand to count tiles quicker blush

--tim
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.