Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jake Melone
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can i put experience counters on allies?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Miller
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
No

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Melone
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
haha yes indeed it seemed way to easy with allowing that

thats how i question rules, if i seem to be dominating at a game i always think im playing wrong and thats when i hit up bgg

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jakemelone wrote:
haha yes indeed it seemed way to easy with allowing that

Actually, I believe what Joe is saying is that even if you were allowed to put experience on your allies, it would be a bad idea. It's much more valuable on your own character.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, then I will say it. I don't see why you think putting experience counters on your allies would make the game easier. Wouldn't you much better off giving yourself that experience?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jake Melone
United States
Anaheim
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ya but i mean i remember i was just getting hits like nothing when i had counters on my ally and having that ally let me attack again with my hero so id be brushing off 5 hp challenges like they were 2 hp.

i formally with draw my question this forum is now just to make fun of me blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Griffin Bryant
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
In most cases I think it would be better to level your own Hero, but I can see some situations where it would be beneficial to level an ally. If you are a melee character, certainly you will be leveling melee, but it can get to the point where you don't really need +2 in hand to make a difference. Assuming you were balancing yourself and throwing some ranged in there so you can defend to the melee phase, maybe your spirit is still pretty weak. If you have an ally that does 3 damage in magic, why not level his magic instead of your own or instead of making your melee more than it needs to be? You could level ranged, life, or stamina, but why not beef up that guy that can do 3 dmg in magic? Those reds (or how about those silvers in IoD) can be tough for an ally to hit, but what about a leveled ally? That's a big advantage I think.

No, the rules don't allow it, but a house rule could and I don't think it'd be unjustified. It might even add a little bit of strategy. I mean, what if your ally would die if he fails his next roll? If you've leveled him, you'll lose those levels. So maybe you'd die instead and lose an Item. You wouldn't do that for a Runeseeker or Burning Priest but maybe you would for a leveled Baras or Jirta.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Collins
United States
West Richland
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
no

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.