Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
1 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Everything Else » OLD BGGBlogs (do not use)

Subject: Power out, and the Seahawks lost. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ava Jarvis
United States
Bainbridge Island
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love living on the island. It is peaceful. It is quiet. There are birds and huge pine trees.

Right. When unnatural winds blow in the Pacific Northwest, huge pine trees are kind of a liability....

I lost power for the entire weekend, including Sunday night, when my gas line and phone line also went out. Stayed with a friend.

And then the Seahawks lost.

Not the best weekend in the world, but it could be far, far worse. We all got off light, considering everything and of course the huge old trees. No one got squashed so far as we know, no houses had roofs broken in---of course, there could have been the latter, but the former news would probably have been across the island pretty quickly.

My friend, whom I stayed with, who had a fireplace we cooked hotdogs, beans, and smores on, got his power back on Sunday. This was amazing because the house was surrounded, within roughly five blocks, if there is such a thing on the island, by fallen trees with broken powerlines over them. It was a sort of fun night on Saturday. (It was fun trying to get to his place, too.)

Anyways, if I have not corresponded with any of y'all, that is why. And tonight is cleaning out the fridge (where everything is dead or smells deader) and eating soba noodles with soy sauce, because they cook in five minutes and simply taste good.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.