Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
boardgamegeek.com/thread/1234645
mbmbmbmbmb
After discussing with AEG, we've decided to release full resolution print files of the existing promos as well as release 3 new promos that never actually made it to print. Zombie Horde is still available exclusively via the BGG Store, but the other 11 are all being made available so that those of you who are having a hard time finding them can still have a decent copy to play with. The 3 new promos were actually developed along with Nightfall: Dark Rages, just never actually saw print.

First off, the 3 new promos are:
Nightfall: Bloated Corpse Promo (ghoul)
Nightfall: "Ghost One" Promo (hunter)
Nightfall: Zombify Promo (action)

For those unaware, the existing promos are:
Nightfall: Lisaveta Florescu (NF)
Nightfall: "Shadow Seven" Promo (NF)
Nightfall: Zombie Horde Promo (NF)
Nightfall: Ahmad Hassan Promo (ML)
Nightfall: Desperate Measures Promo (ML)
Nightfall: Pale Fury Promo (ML)
Nightfall: Destiny Collins Promo (BC)
Nightfall: Flayed Ghoul Promo (BC)
Nightfall: Silas Bragg Promo (BC)

I've already uploaded full resolution images of each of the 11 promos we're making PnP to bring their individual pages here on BGG up to date and have created a full PDF file with all of the images, including the card backs. They're available to download from my personal domain at:

Direct PDF download: Nightfall Promos.pdf (25MB)
Bittorrent download: Torrent

Enjoy! cool

P.S. Let me know if that bittorrent link doesn't work out, it's been ages since I've made one of those... shake

Update: Images are now live, example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Beiter
United States
Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very nice to see the new ones available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks David!

Where can I get the dividers for the 3 new promos? Were they included in CS, or must I print my own?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Robman wrote:
Where can I get the dividers for the 3 new promos? Were they included in CS, or must I print my own?

Unfortunately dividers were never made. You could create your own or use spare dividers you might have.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Manore
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
Warlord beats Troll, Troll beats Elf, Elf beats Water Sprite, and basically everything else beats Enchanted Bunny.
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
Robman wrote:

Unfortunately dividers were never made. You could create your own or use spare dividers you might have.

Easy enough. I'll just take a few from Dark Rages and edit them with the proper moon and title.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Thanks David! I hope this is just a "nice thing to do" and doesn't represent a waning interest in Nightfall. I'm still a huge fan and am hoping even more expansions are in the works!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Artscow cards are very near in size!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
Well I don't know if there is waning interest but my friend just told me his local distributor just solicited pre-orders for the next Nightfall expansion. I'd say that's not waning interest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Danish
United States
Bloomington
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Delthos wrote:
Well I don't know if there is waning interest but my friend just told me his local distributor just solicited pre-orders for the next Nightfall expansion. I'd say that's not waning interest.

Great to hear!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David (or anyone), is there a .png (or other image file) of the same resolution as your example that showcases the card back? And another of the draft back?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just uploaded them to the primary Nightfall game page, but in the meantime you can download them from here: card back - draft back
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
s3rvant wrote:
Just uploaded them to the primary Nightfall game page, but in the meantime you can download them from here: card back - draft back
Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alfonso Castro
Philippines
flag msg tools
Does this mean that the 3 new promos will never have official prints?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
silvereye wrote:
Does this mean that the 3 new promos will never have official prints?

Most likely not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Green
United States
North Tonawanda
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/nightfall-22h98...

That has the three new promos. Order it with the code MEMORIALSALE25, before June 27, 2013 and it'll come out to $9.

The deck also has a number of things that may not be of interest to anyone. It includes the other promos I was missing; some cards from the unrelated game Flash Duel; and finally two one-card-microgames to fill out the deck. I also haven't received the order yet so I don't know how they turned out; namely questions I have concerning the bleed and size and how well they'll fit in with existing cards. As a final warning, Paint is the only image program I have and so I quickly gave up on making the draft cards resemble the regular draft cards and instead just labeled them "PNP draft," so they purposefully have their own look.

Caveat emptor, but I'm throwing the link in here just in case anyone wants it anyway.

Edit: Same link, but the deck has changed slightly. Now includes two different unrelated games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Silmser
United States
Valrico
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kmancheese wrote:
http://www.artscow.com/gallery/playing-cards/nightfall-22h98...

That has the three new promos. Order it with the code MEMORIALSALE25, before June 27, 2013 and it'll come out to $9.

The deck also has a number of things that may not be of interest to anyone. It includes the other promos I was missing; some cards from the unrelated game Flash Duel; and finally two one-card-microgames to fill out the deck. I also haven't received the order yet so I don't know how they turned out; namely questions I have concerning the bleed and size and how well they'll fit in with existing cards. As a final warning, Paint is the only image program I have and so I quickly gave up on making the draft cards resemble the regular draft cards and instead just labeled them "PNP draft," so they purposefully have their own look.

Caveat emptor, but I'm throwing the link in here just in case anyone wants it anyway.

Nice! Let us know how they look.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dawid Lisicki
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a question about back and draft back. I've already checked my cards and all of them have black bg on it, while the ones posted in the pdf seem dark navy.

I'd appreciate if someone could provide some feedback if it's an issue after printing (cards in hand could be easily distinguished by opposing players with that hue difference).

Thanks in advance for any answers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The retail cards actually do have a slight blue to them, though the large difference you're seeing is likely a difference in color between viewing on a monitor and viewing printed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome for making available.

Anyone got a good idea for how to print them in a playable format?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
What I did was print them out on a color laser printer, just the three new ones that I didn't have mind you. Then I cut out each of the cards. Once they were cut out a took a piece of blue poster tack and wrapped it around the end of the pencil to use as a sticky ended holder.

I then used that to pick up each of the printed cards and sprayed the back of them with 3M spray adhesive.

Then I took the extra starter cards (two of the big boxes have the same starter decks) and carefully lined it up and stuck it to the front of them. I used a metal rolling pin to really make it have good contact with the card. I repeated this for all the cards.

Once the glue had dried for about a half hour, I took a pair of scissors and trimmed around the edge of the cards as it's really hard to get them to line up well and the printouts have square corners and not rounded corners.

It took about an hour to do them all, not counting drying time. One word of advice, make sure the blue tack is sticking to the card print outs, you don't want it falling off because you'll inevitably end up with spray glue on the card front and it'll be sticky.

Then let them air out for a day or two to let them out gas and stop being stinky.

They are a bit thicker than other card but as I sleeve my cards it's really not noticeable. They came out really nice. Also as I sleeve my draft cards in red ultra-pro sleeves, I didn't worry about the card backs being different for them.

I only wish I had some dividers for the box now. I've got extra dividers as well, now I just need some custom artwork to print out and glue to them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Woodland
New Zealand
Tauranga
Bay of Plenty
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
David,

Well what can I say, here I was considering trading away Nightfall as it was hard to get a hold of the promo cards (wasn't the only reason)

But you have renewed my faith in AEG this is fantastic just plain fantastic I have never seen a company do this before.

I must get Nightfall to the table!

Looks like I know what I will be doing soon enough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Gregg
United States
Franklinville
NC
flag msg tools
designer
NightfallGame.com/FAQ
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rusty1982 wrote:
Well what can I say, here I was considering trading away Nightfall as it was hard to get a hold of the promo cards (wasn't the only reason)

Hard to acquire promos is exactly why I wanted this. Glad to hear this is helping people.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Mauro
United States
Hamilton
New Jersey
flag msg tools
I've never used Artscow, whats the best way to get these printed as close to the real thing? Without spending more than I would to get them off Ebay or something...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Darby
United Kingdom
Welshpool
Powys
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joseph, what did you do for the draft cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Prozinski
United States
O'Fallon
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
Stop touching me!
badge
You're far too trusting!
mbmbmbmb
I just glued them to the extra starter cards and didn't worry about the card backs. They have DRAFT printed on the front and I sleeve my draft cards in Red sleeves so I wasn't worried about different card backs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.