Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johan Pettersson
Sweden
Höllviken
Skåne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I understand that the attacker must retreat in the 4th Round of a battle (rule 6.1 + 6.2). Rule 6.1 also states that

"The attacker must retreat duting the fourth round if there are any defenders in the field. That is, attacking blocks cannot fire in Round 4."

I understand that the first sentence is the rule and the second sentence is the consequences of the rule.

Rule 6:42, Harrying, states that all saracen blocks have the tactical option to fire and then imemediately retreat. In the same rule it is also stated under wich circumstances Harrying is not allowed:

"Blocks cannot harry while storming nor when withdrawing to a castle."

I understand the harrying is a combination of Fire and Retreat.

Here comes the question.

Is it possible for a Saracen block to harry during the 4:th round of a battle?

best regard
Johan P
Sweden

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pieter van der Knaap
Netherlands
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As far as I understand attacking Blocks can only retreat during a fourth combat round and cannot fire any shot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Borg
Sweden
Lund
Skåne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Pieter. Harrying and retreating are two different options. Only the last one is OK in the 4:th round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Young
Wales
Wellesley
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
And if you never have, you should. These things are fun and fun is good.
mbmbmbmbmb
No, they may not Harry b/c harrying is a form of firing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I would understand harrying to be an attack/move, and so I would say no. Just my interpretation.
If they were defending, of course they could, but it wouldn't make much sense anyway.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.