At this location any one selected level may be skipped during temple
construction. Two preconditions must be fulfilled:

- The required temple card must be available for selection in one of
the two building card lines.
- The necessary number of Personnel cards for building the temple must
be at the location. Note: The Perser card just removed to the discard
is counted towards this.

Why is the first precondition needed?

Does this mean, that we have to get out that temple card from the line and place it as the missing temple level first and after that we can continue with next level?

What is your opinion about that?

Regards,
Zsolt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Hinsz
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe what is meant is that the card for the level you're skipping to must be available for selection. So if your temple was at level 2, you could skip to level 4 ONLY if there is a level 4 card available in the building card lines.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zsolt Szunyoghy
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, I understand now. The "required temple card" means the card for the level I am skipping TO, not the one I am skipping OUT.

Thanks,
Zsolt

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D i a n a
Indonesia
Jakarta Barat
DKI Jakarta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Persians ability - JUMP A LEVEL
Question:

Just says the player using Persians ability to get 6 from tower deck, Does the player HAS to provide 6 supported card, after they discarded 1 card after using the power?

or

After they discarded 1 card after using the power, they can just have 5 left supported card in order to support level 6 tower?

Please advice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Binning
United States
Rollinsville
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You have to begin the turn with 6, but can discard one which will leave you with 5 at turn end. The English rules for the Persians states in part:

Quote:
"The player must have enough tribe cards in the territory to support the level jumped to (5 for level 5, etc.), including the card that is discarded after using the skill."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
goldy wrote:
I believe what is meant is that the card for the level you're skipping to must be available for selection. So if your temple was at level 2, you could skip to level 4 ONLY if there is a level 4 card available in the building card lines.

Well isn't that obvious? How could you skip from two to four if there isn't a four available??? The first precondition is not needed to say, I think. Or then I (we) have misunderstood it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Duff
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When it comes to how so many folks mis-understand rules, *nothing* is too obvious to specify.

Guaranteed that if the rule didn't have that part about card being available, some folks would build a "virtual 4" saying "remember, this one is level 4, even though there's a 2 on top right now."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari Heino
Finland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
UnknownParkerBrother wrote:
When it comes to how so many folks mis-understand rules, *nothing* is too obvious to specify.

Guaranteed that if the rule didn't have that part about card being available, some folks would build a "virtual 4" saying "remember, this one is level 4, even though there's a 2 on top right now."

Ok, if that could happen, I rest my case. No further questions
I'm glad in my gaming groups none have that vivid imagination!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.