José Carlos de Diego
Spain
Zaragoza
Zaragoza
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there a rule in the game that determines who wins in the case of a tie (VP) at the end game?. Thanks

Regards from Spain,

JC
http://ludere.ual.es/bsk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Marostica
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
There doesn't seem to be any official rule for it, but I would think a good way to settle a tie-breaker would be to give the win to whoever had the most points at the end of the previous round. If there was still a tie in the previous round, then go back another round, etc.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Swider
United States
Harrisburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My vote for resolving a tie is pistols at 10 paces. Or in the tradition of pirates and their fondness for rum, a drinking contest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Senki
United States
Altadena
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kwyjibo wrote:
There doesn't seem to be any official rule for it, but I would think a good way to settle a tie-breaker would be to give the win to whoever had the most points at the end of the previous round. If there was still a tie in the previous round, then go back another round, etc.

I wouldn't want to have to consider my place at the end of multiple rounds, as it could degrade my end game options.

Simpler would be 'In case of tie for most points, the tied player nearest to Captain in clockwise turn order wins.'

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.