Popular Tags: [View All]
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello,

I am currently in the process of printing my own version of Dune. In particular, I am presently trying to decide whether to use the French or the original character disks (both available at this site: http://www.sorvan.com/games/dune/).

To my eye, the original disks have way more character than their french counterparts. However, a significant difference is that the French counters also have a 10 leader for each faction. Not having yet played Dune, my natural question is, why is this? Is it a significant reason to print the french versions rather than the original ones?

Thanks for your help.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
This is because the French version incorporates the DUEL expansion, which had a 10 value leader for each faction.
My personal opinion is to look for the Dune CCG, and use character images from those. Way better artwork than either of the boardgame versions.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fedor Ilitchev
Canada
Ottawa
ON
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, that answers my question perfectly. Because the Duel expansion does not sound very appealing and because I do not know where to find the graphics for the aforementioned CCG, I am going to go with the classic tokens.

- Fedor

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Vaca
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
An excellent choice. The classic art is very nice, and the black-and-white makes it easy to reproduce.

Neither the Duel nor the Spice Harvest are very good expansions.
They have some entertainment value for newbs, but they are at best time wasters and at worse terribly unbalancing. We played with them quite a few times before figuring out that they were thrashing an otherwise elegant game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mr Dove
United States
Las Animas
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the CCG card art that was posted in another thread here.

http://www.markzug.com/Zugdune.htm

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.