Subject: Negative shares? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ben Albert
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
I had a few questions about negative shares. First, what would happen if you hired the Paladin for 1 share and then hired the Princess? Would the Paladin be worth 0 shares or is there some way to represent -1? Furthermore, if the Paladin goes to 0 instead of -1 and then somone uses the Marauder's Potion to add a share, does the Paladin go up to 1 share or stay at 0 because he was really at -1?

Secondly, what happens if you owe more shares than you have? For instance, you have 3 hunters in your party and no more shares left on your hero. What if someone uses the Marauder's potion on one of your hunters. You now owe them a share you don't have. Do you just wait until you get a share back and then place it on that hunter? Or do you have to disband them immediately? What if you don't have the gold to disband them, are they automatically disbanded for free? This could actually help the person in question get rid of a hunter for free that they didn't want. Or do you pay the hunter a gold each turn to make up for the lost share? None of these seem like very good options.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
Very good questions!

To answer the first, there is not such thing as negative shares. If you bring someone below zero in whatever way, they remain at zero. Thus, if you then bring them above zero again in whatever way, then add to their shares from zero. Thus, to use your example, the Paladin would go to 1 share after the Demagog's Potion(I think thats the potion you meant). In fact, if you then lose the Princess, he would then gain another 2 shares, making him at 3.

To answer the second, the result would be a Party Disband. This is one of the meanest and funniest things you can do to your opponent. In fact, I have often given up a chance to win a game just to force Ben to party disband! A Party Disband is where you have to lose every member of your party, all your gold and silver, and all the items in your hand. Party disband is required if you owe more shares than you have available. However, if you can disband or kill someone to pay the needed shares, you can avoid a party disband.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Christenson
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmb
The forced Party Disband was explained on page 15 of the rule book.
www.SeabornGames.com/Flash/rulebook.html
www.SeabornGames.com/Flash/rulebook/page_15.jpg
devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay T Leone
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Seaborn wrote:
The forced Party Disband was explained on page 15 of the rule book.
www.SeabornGames.com/Flash/rulebook.html
www.SeabornGames.com/Flash/rulebook/page_15.jpg
devil

I love the idea behind that rule. I can't wait to force someone to disband their party. So evil!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.