Recommend
1 
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Samurai» Forums » General

Subject: Who wins with this??samurai game rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools

A: 4 helmets, 4 buddhas, 1 riceF

B: 3 helmets, 5 buddhas, 2 riceF

C: 3 helmets, 3 buddhas, 3 riceF

D: 3 helmets, 1 buddha, 5 riceF

who's :
1st
2nd
3rd
4th
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Teplin
United States
La Mesa
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
JuanEstrada wrote:

A: 4 helmets, 4 buddhas, 1 riceF

B: 3 helmets, 5 buddhas, 2 riceF

C: 3 helmets, 3 buddhas, 3 riceF

D: 3 helmets, 1 buddha, 5 riceF

who's :
1st
2nd
3rd
4th


Well, Samurai doesn't lay down rules for anyone but the 1st place winner. In this case, player B would win.

A has the most helmets, B has the most buddhas, and D has the most rice fields, so C is eliminated from winning.

A and B each have 5 other pieces, while D only has 4, so D is knocked out.

B has 10 total pieces to A's 9, so B is the winner.

If I had to assign places, I would assign them in the order they got knocked out from being in contention to win. So,

1st: B
2nd: A
3rd: D
4th: C

Please keep in mind that's just my opinion. As I said, Samurai only describes how to find the winner, so others may have different opinions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, tonight was our first time playing, help me be sure I've interpeted the rules correctly:

Player A: 5 helmets, 4 buddhas, 1 rice
Player B: 4 helmets, 2 buddhas, 5 rice
Player C: 1 helmet, 4 buddhas, 5 rice
Player D: 2 helmets, 2 buddhas, 2 rice

I said that player A won with the majority in helmets since the rice and buddhas cancel each other out. Am I right?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. No one has a clear majority in Buddhas or Rice. So with the only majority A wins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
JessA
United States
Southwestern
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
That's MRS. McFoxFace to you!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you, it was a little hard to defend since I was the winner!!devil
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Estrada
United States
Hayward
California
flag msg tools
fteplin wrote:
JuanEstrada wrote:

A: 4 helmets, 4 buddhas, 1 riceF

B: 3 helmets, 5 buddhas, 2 riceF

C: 3 helmets, 3 buddhas, 3 riceF

D: 3 helmets, 1 buddha, 5 riceF

who's :
1st
2nd
3rd
4th


Well, Samurai doesn't lay down rules for anyone but the 1st place winner. In this case, player B would win.

A has the most helmets, B has the most buddhas, and D has the most rice fields, so C is eliminated from winning.

A and B each have 5 other pieces, while D only has 4, so D is knocked out.

B has 10 total pieces to A's 9, so B is the winner.

If I had to assign places, I would assign them in the order they got knocked out from being in contention to win. So,

1st: B
2nd: A
3rd: D
4th: C

Please keep in mind that's just my opinion. As I said, Samurai only describes how to find the winner, so others may have different opinions.


but i thought once you win with the majority of figures in the first round this figures dont count anymore, and the winner is decieded over the rest of figures each player has left.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Hedden
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
but i thought once you win with the majority of figures in the first round this figures dont count anymore, and the winner is decieded over the rest of figures each player has left.


They don't - unless there is still a tie. "Players with the most of a figure set aside those figures and count the number of other figures they captured." Then, "If there is a tie, the tied players count ALL their captured figures..."

So the above interpretation is correct and player B wins.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.