Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just acquired the game (great production values).

In any case, I was wondering what the expansion given away free at Essen 2005 contains?

Can anyone help me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's exactly in the mini-expansion given away at Essen
I dunno, but KC Humphrey says it should be packaged and ready to sell in early 2006.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
KC Humphrey
United States
Gresham
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
The mini-expansion given away at Essen 2005
Thanks for the question.

The giveaway at Essen was a new character card called "John of Gaunt" with its related Battle Card called "The Chevauchees." There was also a special Essen giveaway card which has a Havoc back, which makes it useful for other options. And finally there was a rule set and a small plastic bag to hold the game tokens.

The giveaway at the BGG.con in Dallas was another character card called "Luc du Pauvre" and a set of rules for it. These character cards add a little flavor to the game, and one or more can be added to the deck after the initial hands are dealt.

There's one more character card that very few folks have seen yet (!) called "Press Gang." Like the others, it adds a little twist to the game when the card appears in play.

We're currently working on packaging a Havoc expansion that will have the new characters and battle card, plus the Essen 2005 special card (we made extras). We'll also add in two or more extra Dogs of War cards, a rule set that will fit in the Havoc box and whatever else we can think of.

Look for info on the release date and availability on our website if you're interested.

KC Humphrey
www.sunrivergames.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: What's exactly in the mini-expansion given away at Essen
Thanks KC, you're a real class act! I will be playing your game for the first time this saturday.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Low
Australia
Footscray
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
Thanks KC, you're a real class act! I will be playing your game for the first time this saturday.

Ditto. I thought I could make my own 'expansion' if the cards didn't need to be shuffled into the main deck.

Oh well. Looks like I'll have to get the expansion somehow.

I like the production quality of the game (high gloss Great Dalmuti style box, counters and Carta Mundi MtG quality cards).

Will be playing the game tonight. Am quite excited!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.