Popular Tags: [View All]
Stven Carlberg
United States
Decatur
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played this in a couple of years, and I had somebody else explaining things the two times I actually did play it, so I've been trying to get the game straight in my own mind now by reading over the rules, both the English rules in the Rio Grande edition and the English rules translation here at BGG.

Perhaps if I could find the term "Central Java" defined this would all be clear to me, but....

Am I right that in order to get a developer into action on the rice fields or the village/city tiles, it will have to come in on a hex that is next to the printed border? If the hex along (outside) the border is a mountain, it costs 2AP, and if it's a regular, it costs 1AP. So if you build something that's not next to the border, you won't be able to get a developer onto it until it's connected up to something that is next to the border.

So, presumably, most of the building starts at the borders and works inward.

Or have I got something wrong?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Philip Thomas
United Kingdom
London
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That is right, yes. Great game by the way, have fun playing it!meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
P B
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Correct. Movement is NOT allowed anywhere on the board itself. You can only move onto/along terrace and village/city tiles. One strategy is to use your developers to block pathways into the 'inland' regions.

My #1 favorite game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.