Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve M.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Hey geekers,

I'm working on a project that I'll post to the geek when I'm done. I'm designed 2 card-sized reference sheets that can be handed to the marine players. The cards will list the actions the marines can perform, costs of certain actions and then all the special abilities summarized from both the base game and expansion. I'm hoping that this will reduce game time since they are the most referenced rules in the games I have played.

My only problem is I can't find my scanner to digitize the special abilities symbols from the 2 rulebooks... could anyone e-mail them to me so I can drop them right into my worksheets?

Thanks!
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dexblair .
Malaysia
Desa Petaling
W.P.
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hi,

here is what i have:
http://files.boardgamegeek.com/viewfile.php3?fileid=13586

your idea is better. just that my players like me to explain more than they read themselves.

u can do a copy and paste graphic from pdf file in acrobat reader.
give a try.

thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I tried that yesterday and Acrobat would let me copy text but not the symbols out of a .pdf file. Just short of installing Photoshop I wasn't sure what to do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damon Asher
United States
Jefferson
MA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Acrobat Reader will let you clip graphics. Use the camera tool!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
drasher25 wrote:
Acrobat Reader will let you clip graphics. Use the camera tool!

Or take screenshots, and edit those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve M.
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Actually guys I kinda scrapped the idea because the last page of the rulebook is a great cheat sheet (pg. 24)! It has all the special abilities, condensed marine moves and orders all on one page! Only thing it is missing is the scatter rule but that is referenced in the blast rule. Print off the last page of the expansion and bingo, project done! I put it in a page protector and the marine players share it while discussing there next move.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.