Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Kalish
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but by boss just bought some of the new Hershey's Kissables candy and they totally remind me of boardgame bits. Am I crazy? Or do other people agree? Although its probably more obvious first-hand, you can see some pictures on the Hershey website: http://www.hersheys.com/products/details/kissables/index.asp...

And I think someone should design a game around them! Its hard to beat the combination of gaming and chocolate.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jooky
United States
Canton
IL
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I love the new kissables. Better tasting than M&Ms and prettier too. IMO these are the best candy to come out in a long time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Hawks
United States
Apple Valley
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
They are tasty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Worden
United States
Minnetrista
Minnesota
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.mwgames.com/JumpGate ... check it out! ;-D
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tanglewoodtree wrote:
I don't know if anyone has brought this up before, but by boss just bought some of the new Hershey's Kissables candy and they totally remind me of boardgame bits.

That was my exact thought when first spotting them within the vend-o-land at work. Of course, I had to buy-em-n-try-em ... and while they were enjoyable (we are talking about something that is mostly chocolate), they didn't overly thrill me.

Now to think of a game that might use them as pieces ...

-Bryk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Peacock
United States
Stansbury Park
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
That tickles
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
And I think someone should design a game around them! Its hard to beat the combination of gaming and chocolate.

Good idea. How about Super Giant Monster Showdown, with players as the real life monsters?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Kalish
United States
Northampton
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
They are pretty tasty, but they don't compare to nut-based M&Ms (almond or peanut). I feel like the game should be some twisted version of a roll & move where you can eat your opponents pieces as they move around the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J P
Canada
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
I haven't seen them near me yet and have not tried them. So can't comment on the taste.

However looking at the web page it looks like they could be good to play Risk with. Not only could you destroy your opponents armies you could eat them as well

And on the bright side if you are losing you can atleast take comfort in the fact that your opponent is going to be sick afterwards from all that sugary goodness Especially if you are playing with no cap on the sets.

In a lot of ways they look like the pieces from Sorry with the heads cut off.

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/2407

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chaddyboy
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Bloooooop.
badge
Bluuuuuurp.
mbmbmbmbmb
I've had some Kissables, and didn't think they were that great. I'd rather have M&M's.

Anyways, you could always use them as more colorful nipples in Busen Memo.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Webb
United States
Whitesburg
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think on BGG there might be some stange variation on Godwin's Law--something like "As any BGG discussion continues, the chance that Busen Memo will be mentioned eventually reaches 100%."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Holzman
United States
Seffner
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
As grey traces of dawn tinge the eastern sky, the three travellers, men of Willowdale, emerge from the forest's shadow. Fording the river, they turn south, journeying into the dark and forbidding lands of The Necromancer...
mbmbmbmbmb
They look like an unholy offspring of M&Ms and caltrops. Just wait until your kid drops a couple on the floor and leaves them there for you to step on in the middle of the night. Right up there with jacks, Legos, and hairballs in the "Things I Would Rather Not Step On While Barefoot" category.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.