Popular Tags: [View All]
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
----[---->+<]>++.+++++++++++.--------.---.>-[--->+<]>---.---.-.
mb
For the Hospice and University, to what does "this tile" refer -- i.e. where does the bonus colonist go, on the Hospice/University or on the just-placed plantation or quarry viz. just-built building?

(Yes, there's an early thread on this, but it fizzled out without much resolution: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/67933.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Smiles
United States
Dedham
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
admin
The ratio of people to cake is too big.
badge
Excuse me, I believe you have my stapler...
mbmbmbmbmb
The colonist goes on the newly aquired tile. For the hospice the colonist goes on the new plantation or quarry. For the University it goes on the new building.

Note it could never go on the University or Hospice, because in order to use the buildings power, you have to have a colonist already there.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
asmiles wrote:
The colonist goes on the newly aquired tile. For the hospice the colonist goes on the new plantation or quarry. For the University it goes on the new building.

Note it could never go on the University or Hospice, because in order to use the buildings power, you have to have a colonist already there.

Well... it COULD go on the Hospice, if you already had the University staffed with a Colonist, and then purchased the Hospice.

The likelihood of anyone buying buildings in that order, however, is pretty darn slim.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
mb
asmiles wrote:

That's what certainly makes the most sense, but "this tile" struck me as ambiguous.

asmiles wrote:

Clearly, but it still could have been stored there (not in the circle) like goods in a warehouse.

What do the German rules say in place of "this tile"?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Brosius
United States
Needham Heights
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
My favorite 18xx game for six players is two games of 1846 with three players each.
mbmbmbmbmb
Every colonist a player has should either be on a little circle on a building or plantation tile, or else (if all those spots are already filled) in the city of San Juan. You should never have a colonist on another spot on a tile.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A L D A R O N
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
A L D A R O N
badge
mb
Eric Brosius wrote:
Every colonist a player has should either be on a little circle on a building or plantation tile[...]

Yes, of course. That's what puzzled me. The wording of the rules for the Hospice and University suggested they might be an exception.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.