Jessica
United States
Westfield
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Players: Ron, Shane, Tyler, Jessica

This was the third time the 4 of us had played Ra together. The first 2 times were the same night almost a month ago. Of the 6 previous times I have played, I've come in last or close to last.

I wasn't sure what to focus on this time around, but I managed to grab a big lot early with my 13 so I gained a few pharoahs and monuments. I then decided just to work on monuments since everybody else seem focused on grabbing the civilization tiles. I won fairly easily at the end. I managed to obtain 5 unique monuments with 2 sets of those containing 4 identical ones.

Tyler did a fairly good job grabbing a variety of cviilization tiles, but he never seemed to grab any pharoahs so that hurt him throughout the game so he only managed to come in second. He is the one that has won the majority of our games.

Ron came in third. He got the majority of his points from the Nile and Flood tiles. He would always seem to beat me out for the flood tile I needed each round to make my Nile tiles worth anything.

Shane came in last. Many times we couldn't figure out why he was bidding the way he was. He always seems afraid to bid with his high number. He missed a chance to use his 12 bidding stone in the first round which is what I think hurt him the most throughout the game.

This was the first time that I had a firm grasp on how Ra works. This was much more enjoyable than previous experiences since I could see how there were different chances to mess with other players. I can't wait to play it again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.