4 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Battleship Fans rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Clare bradbury
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I am working on a TV show for the BBC and need to find a large version of the Battleship Game to film. Often you see in Pubs large Jenga's and Connect Fours we need a similar idea but for Battleships. Or do any of you play it on a large screen that we could film?

I am based in London so it needs to be local to there.

COntact me on clarebradbury@tigeraspect.co.uk

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris B
United States
Oxford
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Hotty Toddy Rebels!
badge
Lets go Blues!
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think you're going to find too many fans of battleship on this forum.

It is after all ranked 2968 out of 3008 games as I type this currently. I doubt anybody here would have had the love of the game required to make the deluxe version you describe.

My suggestion would be to find some tiny people and miniature trees, and film the game up close so it looks like a big battleship game.

Maybe stopmotion photography on some Ken dolls or something.

Seriously, I doubt you're going to find much help, but if someone does have a suggestion, I'm sorry for posting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Mahaffey
United States
Columbia
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
GAME ARTIST
badge
GAME ARTIST
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I think this is about as close as you're going to get: http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/84876

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Prysock
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I know the Greater St. Louis Renaissance Faire had an oversized version of Battleship with a pirate theme for the kids to play. You might try sending an email to info@stlrenfaire.com and see if they have any photos available.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.