BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » PBEM

Subject: Rescape or here? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Jorgensen
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmb
I have checked out redscape and it looks like an awesome site but I don't know how to start a new game. So that is why I was thinking here, but if anyone knows how than it seems like redscape would be just as good. It seems like most of the stuff needed to run a pbem is available on the boardgamegeek site for AGOT.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Redscape or here?
I play on Redscape. It is a very nice site, but new players to the site generally arn't allowed to start a game. 8/10 times they just dissapear which sucks for the players. If you want to try you need create a profile, then go into the "new game Openings" section and select "hosting Requests". There will be a link to the form.

Redscape is a high quality site filled with great players. Earn ranks, lots of non-dip forums as well. Year tournaments.
Also a note: I am currently playing a game opposite Edi Birsan (assuming you know who that is, it is a big deal!)

That said, I haven't played Dip here. I have tried on a few other site but really didn't like either the macanics or the players.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've played a bit on Redscape and I agree it is a good site with lots of great players. I have found it hard to break in to the GMing though, even though I've been GMing for years on other sites. Actually took some other more established friends on the site to email the administrators on my behalf. Before that, they just ignored my hosting request forms.

I have said in another post on this forum that I would be happy to GM a few games on BGG if there was enough interest. I understand there are now BGG-only games going on at Bounced (www.dipbounced.com), which is another great site, but I think it would be good to get something going here as well. In particular, I would like to GM some variant maps that are not covered by Bounced (e.g. Sengoku, and even maybe Imperial if we could get enough players).

Please let me know if there is any interest in this...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GJanse: I'm hoping to start GMing the latest version of my own variant, Lion in the North, on Redscape soon if you're interested. Scotalnd in the Middle Ages the theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sounds interesting! Send me the info and I will have a look. Is it in the Varient lab already? My Redscape name is the same as here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not in the variant lab yet. I'll let you know when it's ready to rock!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin Sykes
Thailand
Bangkok
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have listed the game on Redscape now. Unfortunately, it filled up faster than I could mail youblush. Sorry. For interest, here is the map. I'll keep you posted next time round:

http://www.geocities.com/brou_ha_ha@btinternet.com/lion_star...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Really? REALLY?!
Canada
Kitchener
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
... dangit. Oh well. Keep me on as a replacement if needed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.