Descent: Journeys in the Dark» Forums » Rules

Subject: Players giving items to other players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Shawn Plummer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
When a player gives an item to another player where does it go on the receiving player? can the receiving player equip it immediately or does it go into their backpack?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It would have to go into their backpack. To equip it, they'd have to use movement points, and it wouldn't be the recieving player's turn at the time to do so; so they'd have to wait until their turn. In this case it's wise for the trading player to go first, and allow the recieving player to act second so they could take advantage of the traded item right away.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
that's what I thought as well.
but locusshiter, you bring up a question: don't heroes go in a set order, in terms of their speed?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom H
Australia
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
locusshifter wrote:
It would have to go into their backpack.

AFAIK the rules don't cover this. So is this a houserule / interpretation of yours or have you been able to find the actual rules in the rulebook?

BTW our group plays quite differently. If I pass you a shield - do you have to get it out of your backpack? (answer is no).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Kudzma
United States
Millsboro
Delaware
flag msg tools
designer
People are...
badge
SPOCKED!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
don't heroes go in a set order, in terms of their speed?

Nope. Page 7, Hero Turn Order, Paragraph 1 of the rules:
Quote:

The hero players collectively choose the order in which they take their turns each round.

Quote:

Quote:
locusshifter wrote:
It would have to go into their backpack.

AFAIK the rules don't cover this. So is this a houserule / interpretation of yours or have you been able to find the actual rules in the rulebook?

I was partially wrong about this.

Page 18, Teasure:

Quote:
During his turn, a hero may give items to heroes in adjactent spaces at the cost of one movement per token or card given. A hero who recieves an item from another player may immediately equip it, place it in his pack, or drop it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Humrich
Germany
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shadowdancer wrote:
When a player gives an item to another player where does it go on the receiving player? can the receiving player equip it immediately or does it go into their backpack?

Thanks

He can immediately equip the item, put it into his backup or drop it, see the rule on page 18.

You might also want to check out Mike Z. answer in this thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/89235/page/1

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Plummer
United States
New York
flag msg tools
Thanks for the rule reference. I just couldn't find anything at our game about what happened to transferred items!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Borges
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks everyone for the help. I didn't get a chance to fully read the rules, so our entire group was made up of people who half-read the rules, never read the rules, and read a bunch of discussions and house rules - i.e. lots of confusion.

All this is really helpful for our next go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.