Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Nick
Canada
TORONTO
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A whole bunch of games were played at this week's Vancouver Boardgame Meetup, including a couple of party games: Like Minds, and two games of Apples vs. Apples; as well as a 5-player game of Settlers of Satan, Ticket to Ride, and an aborted game of RoboRally.

Once everyone had their fill of food, I noted that people were itching to get going and play some games. Basari was being eyed lasciviously, so I offered to teach it to four novices, Devon, Nikki, Sharon, and Dorothy. They all quickly got the hang of it. Sharon took an early lead, which she never relinquished, thanks to some lucky die rolls which continued during the entire three rounds. While Devon, Dorothy, and Nikki bartered for position with their jewels, Sharon pretty much depleted her supply early on, nevertheless scoring twice for yellow in the first two rounds. Sharon also was the only player to make it around the track, and she did so all three rounds. The scores reflect the lopsidedness of this game:

Sharon: 94
Devon: 67
Nikki: 60
Dorothy: 48

The oft suggested variant for this game whereby the same die roll is used for all players each turn would have mitigated the luck factor in this game, and I suggest it be used for future games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.