Subject: 2 Player First Time rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Denise Castellucci
United States
San Rafael
California
flag msg tools
John and I decided to do a two player game at lunch time. This time we wanted to see how monuments played. I staked out a corner of the board that was closest to the two rivers so I can create a blue monument. This game I built two monuments: red and green and blue and black. John made three monuments and I waited too long to nuke tiles (using catastophe) to break up his kingdom. I had read somewhere that you have to be careful in using up the catastrophe tiles. I was too careful, and allowed him to gain too many points.

Being that this was the first time we played with monuments, we had no idea how powerful point generators they were. If you control the most monuments you really do not have to worry about what tiles you get.

I also noticed that a two player game went by much faster than a four player game. Before I knew it all of the treasures were spoken for and the game had ended. The game ended and I was one tile short of linking to John's monument.

I obviously wasted some plays building my self-contained large kingdom. I need to learn to be more efficient with my plays. I really should have focused on breaking up and linking his kingdom to mine. I really need to disrupt him earlier so he doesn't take the lead. One thing we realized is that in a two player game, it is really hard to come from behind.

I am learning that I have to be more aggressive, but not nessarily through conflict, but cutting off his monument closest to my kingdom and take control.

I like this game, but I have lots to learn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.