Mark Mokszycki
United States
Snohomish
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is a list of unofficial errata created on 2-08-06.

1. There is a printing error on the Byzantine Gregory (green) units. The Supreme Effort for this faction ended up printing on the reverse side of one of the infantry units. The infantry should have a disrupted side identical to the other infantry of it's faction. Players will need to create a SE chit for the Gregory faction.

2. Players will need to create a "Done" marker for the Byzantine Jabla faction, or devise some other way of keeping track of when this faction is finished. The Jabla faction is leaderless, thus there is no leader marker with a "Done" side to keep track.

3. Attacks from a hilltop hex vs. an adjacent hilltop hex to not incur the 1L column shift penalty.

4. Add to 10.1: "The effects of an SE last for only that activation, or in the case of Moselem SEs, for the duration of the turn (since the Moslem SE also improves that faction's defense). Moslem cavalry which is re-activated via a Sword of Allah chit does not receive a continued attack benefit for a SE spent earlier in the turn."

5. Add to 10.3: "The effects of a backlash last for the duration of the turn."

6. Add to the end of 5B: "Start the next turn at part B (Admin Segment only applies at the start of each day)."

7. Add to 9.6: "Leaders cannot participate in combat as the defender." This is a clarification, which I infer to be true by the line which reads "The declaration of leader paricipation must be made when the unit is selected for combat." When you are defending, you don't select a unit for combat.

8. Add to 9.3: "A leader stacked with a unit which receives a retreat result, may retreat along with that unit."

9. Add to 9.4: "The only time a leader stacked with a unit may subtract it's leader rating from the unit's morale check die roll is during normal recovery (during the unit's movement phase). It is legal for a leader to move and stack with a disrupted unit in order to influence the unit's chance of recovery during the same movement phase."

10. The rules specify that Byzantine units that recover from the Routed Units Box are placed on, adjacent to, or in command chain with their baggage train. They do not, however, specify what happens to Jabla units, who do not have baggage trains. I opted to play that routed Jabla units are eliminated. This felt appropriate since they are the most versatile units in the game (not tied to any leader, and with a +3 move bonus); now they are versatile yet fragile.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nameless Necromancer
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
Do what yhou wilt shall be the whole of the Law." - Aleister Crowley
badge
"I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine." - John Galt
mbmbmbmbmb
Add the following, tucked away in Command #48

9.4 The second sentence should read; Disrupted units...and one column rightward shift when attacked.

10.3 In combats involving units from more than one subdivision, the backlash bonus is received if only one unit is marked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.