Subject: Newbie Question.... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Sampson
United States
California
flag msg tools
Got a quick newbie question…

Player A has a Sherman that is 8 hexes from player B’s Tiger… During the Assault phase play A decides to move instead of fire.. the Sherman moves 4 hex back… making the distance from B’s Tiger 12 hexes… but play B wants to fire on the Sherman… seeing that the assault phase is simultaneous…. I have a few questions…

Can play B fire at the Sherman? and if player B can fire and when is the damage applied?

Thanks...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Brady
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
George, they have a demo of a turn on the Axis and Allies minis site you can watch...it may help you understand the sequence. I watched it today, as a matter of fact, to get some idea of the gameplay myself. I don't own the game, though, so I can't help you other than to point you in the direction of the demo. It did show movement, shooting, and damage allotment with tanks and infantry...it might answer your question. It might be worth a stroll over there. Good luck!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Swan
Australia
Randwick
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is that the assault phase is not simultaneous. One player has theirs, then followed by the other, in the order chosen by the player who won the initiative roll at the start of the round. The only time you get to fire during the other guy's phase is when his movement provokes defensive fire, which only happens when the units are adjacent (and even then only in certain cases), not 8 hexes apart as in your example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.