Subject: Logging of games? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alistair Stafford
New Zealand
Auckland
flag msg tools
badge
Go then. There are other worlds than these.
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello all

This year I have started logging my games. However, I just want to clarify how people log with regard to expansions (especially the ever increasing Carcassonne).

For example today I played Carcassonne with the base set, Traders & Builders, the Count, and Princess & the Dragon. So, does this mean that I have played
a)1 of each of these games
b)just the base carcassonne
or
c)1 of the highest level expansion (the count in this example as it is the most recent published)

I'm sure this has been discussed before so if people could point me in the right direction it would be good, I'd like to keep things consitent for the good of the hobby.

Thanks

Alistair

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JP: You "log" games played by going to the games page (e.g., http://www.boardgamegeek.com/game/822 for Carcassonne), then scroll almost all the way down, and just above where you can input your own rating, there is a box that says "I Played This Game On." If you enter the date and quantity there, and click Submit, then when you go to your profile via "MyGeek" you can see the number of games you have played in the upper righthand box. If you click on the number of games played, you can view your games played by month, or submit a query to get a list of all games played and how many times in a given time period. Lastly, if you go to the Utilities menu, and choose the Statistics option, you can view all the games played by all members ever. Enjoy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Alistair,

Personally I log the base game as well as every expansion played. While that distorts the total number of games played, esecially when I play Carcassonne with a number of expansions, I feel it's the best way to capture how many times I playe everything, so that when I submit a query to see total games played in a given time period the results are accurate.

However, I know that a lot of people around here do things differently. Some people just log the expansions and not the base game, others just log the base game. I think it's really up to you how you want to keep your own records. Since there's no consistency across users, the database statistics for multi-expansion games aren't going to be accurate regardless of what you choose to do, so just pick whatever you think works best.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
Since there's no consistency across users, the database statistics for multi-expansion games aren't going to be accurate regardless of what you choose to do, so just pick whatever you think works best.

As this is the case wouldn't it be good idea for one of the moderators to issue guidance on this. Apologies if this has already haapened and I missed it.

R.,

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.