Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
E Butler
United States
Hughesville
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played it, loved it. This game was exactly what we were looking for (no time these last few decades for the monsters, or even the mini-monster games *sniffle*). I just read through the posts. Great discussions, but I didn't see the answers to my questions. So here they are:

Q1. Front 5 & 6 - The Austrians can deploy there and must garrison turn 2+. No Western Allies show up till turn 3. What happens during 4.2 (3) Victory Check on turns 1 & 2 if the Austrians put armies in these fronts? According to the rules since there are no allies units, and the AH forces can not take a victory city (because of the Italian neutrality) the western allies take 1 surrender point for each front. I must be missing something here...

Q2. Why do some of the dummy counters have pictures of several soldiers on them instead of just 1?

Q3 not really related, but does it really cost $1.50 a month to post at consimworld now??? I tried to post these questions over there, but I got really annoyed and gave up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Q1: I guess a strict interpretation of the rules as written might lead one to your conclusion... Obviously, IMO, that is not what is intended. On turns 1 & 2 the Italian Fronts are inactive except that the AH player must garrison them on turn 2. No combat can occur and logically no surrendur points can be incurred.

Q2: No idea.

Q3: Yes, to post on Consim World, you have to be a subscriber.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Earl Schultz
South Korea
USAG Humphreys - Pyeongtaek, South Korea
US Armed Forces - Pacific
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The fact that you have to pay to post at ConSim World is false.

The following is taken from their site from the page where you can sign up for free to do the following or pay to post to all the pages they maintain.

"CSW provides FREE read-access across our entire forum to all at no charge to help you learn about the incredible resource of information made available to you 24/7. We also provide you with free posting privileges in our game company support area, as well as our Clubs and Game Convention community section. "

The important thing is that you can go to the game company that made the game you have the question on and post it to that company for free. Now if you want to go to the game site itself say in the WW2, Pacific site for Silent Service you have to pay but you can always post in the Compass Games form for free.

I am not in no way affiliated with ConSim World but wanted to make anyone that reads the above post aware of how untrue it was.

Later, Earl

SFC Schultz, FOB Salerno, Afghanistan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Good information Earl. Thanks for clearing that up. I guess as a CSW subscriber, I don't always read the fine print!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Question 2: I think some of what you're looking at are not dummy counters. The ones with images of five soldiers on them are for the variable turn sequence optional rule. There are two for each of the four factions. Remove them from the game if you aren't playing that variant.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christoph Dorn
Germany
Regensburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Exact!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.