THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I am currently working with the designer of Java Man, Alexander P. Brown, to produce a "remastered" edition of the game for free non-commercial distribution and download. This print-and-play version of the game will include upgraded graphics, errata corrections, and rules clarifications. Work is well under way. Hopefully the game will be available here within a month or so...

Some other modifications in the works include an optional oversized map similar to the designer's original concept (which had to be reduced in size due to manufacturing constraints) and components allowing up to 10 players to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(Mr.) Kim Beattie
United States
Rocklin
CA
flag msg tools
Embrace your inner geek!
badge
In Flanders fields the poppies blow Between the crosses, row on row, That mark our place; and in the sky The larks, still bravely singing, fly Scarce heard amid the guns below.
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Hopefully the game will be available here within a month or so...

So, what happened? Did the deal fall through? Is this game available as a download yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Faustus MItternacht
msg tools
Six years later I guess not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
Pretty much everything is ready to go except for art for the revised version.

I haven't been in touch with Al lately, but should follow up with him about at least getting the errata fixed original out... anyone interested?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Taylor
United States
Venice
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Maverick wrote:
Pretty much everything is ready to go except for art for the revised version.

I haven't been in touch with Al lately, but should follow up with him about at least getting the errata fixed original out... anyone interested?

Yes, I'm interested!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
I have unearthed the "Java Man project files" and reached back out to the designer... let me see what I can do!

In the meantime, I could use a couple of volunteers to give the revised rules and components a fresh look. If anyone is interested, please send me a geekmail with "Java Man" in the title.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
As the remastered edition of Java Man appears to be nearing its final stages (11 years later), I have just uploaded the original "Historical Documents Edition" digital conversion of the original game. Hopefully that file will be approved and available soon.

As for the remastered edition, artwork and rules are being finalized, and a reimagining of the original, larger playtest mapsheet is currently undergoing evaluation.

This project may yet see the light of day!

I'll just make sure not to use the words "coming soon" again... ;-)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
THE MAVERICK
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mb
In case someone lands on this thread through a web search, I am passing along the good news with a link to my latest thread:

Remastered components for Java Man are now available!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.