pat sinks
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
Anyone know of any gaming that shops that host/allow board gaming? I'm speaking of around my area of Wheaton, Illinois?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
United States
Carpentersville
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The closest I know is Games Plus in Mount Prospect. But here's the yahoo data for your zipcode and out:
http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypResults.py?Pyt=Typ&city=Wheaton&sta...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Taylor
United States
Berryville
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Just Another Washed Up Wargamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I went to school/lived in the area until about '01, so I'm a little out of touch.
When I left, the best and nicest place I'd seen was Games Plus. It's a hike (25 minute each way assuming no traffic from Wheaton), but it's well worth the trip. Fantastic play area, great backstock, excellent store.
There really wasn't anything in the Wheaton area similar to that (since the two book/comic places went under). There was a few comic/game stores in Naperville, but I don't know if they had open gaming areas.
So, short answer: "There weren't any in the Wheaton area as of '01."

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob McMurray
United States
La Grange
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in La Grange and I second everything already said here - about there not being a really good option local to Wheaton and that Games Plus is worth the trip.

Note that if you are interested in in-store game playing Games Plus is ideal - they are really strong in this area.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
pat sinks
United States
Wheaton
Illinois
flag msg tools
games plus in lombard?? I've been to the one at stratford mall, and it seemed alittle small to hold games. Does the one in lombard hold games?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.