Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
So I've been doing an intensive 3-day project management certification course and I should be studying for the exam now but am temporarily distracting myself.

Today in class, the instructor decided we had to do an exercise where I was a product's producer and another person was chairing the review committee and another was the scribe and the rest were reviewers.

And as she assigned the roles I caught myself thinking, "so who shall I vote for first?" blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
Spread the conFUDsion wherever you can...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's a tricky one. I mean normally one would want to vote out the producer, but since that's you... hmm... well, I guess it has to be the scribe, doesn't it?

What?
You mean there isn't a werewolf there? What are you talking about ?! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
What? Open role assignment? I don't see how it could work.

Ah, wait you don't know who you have to vote out to win, but surely the reviewers form a formidable safe list?

I have a feeling one of the roles has some pretty impressive role abilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Melissa, about halfway through make your move with a false role reveal as the chairperson. Beat the real chairperson to the punch and throw the scribe under the bus. Then get the projector going and spread FUD like it's no one else's business.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dbmurph22 wrote:
Melissa, about halfway through make your move with a false role reveal as the chairperson. Beat the real chairperson to the punch and throw the scribe under the bus. Then get the projector going and spread FUD like it's no one else's business.

Only works if she's been given the POWERPOINT special ability.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean Tompkins
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
Never go in against a Sicilian when DEATH is on the line!
badge
You know what would be funny...
mbmbmbmbmb
Someone should write a book - "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned From Playing Werewolf".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I still think the panties are in the washing machine. I don't think a wolf was being assigned.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Halfway through the game, one of the reviewers is revealed as a Critic.

All hell breaks loose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
SH W
Singapore
Singapore
Singapore
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Halfway through the game, one of the reviewers is revealed as a Critic.

All hell breaks loose.

Hey! Only 1 comment per person. You had your chance.

Vote Shug the Critic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
seanp wrote:
Someone should write a book - "Everything I Needed to Know I Learned From Playing Werewolf".

I've.... uh... thought of this... and uh... well... sort of, kind of, a little bit... made... uh, a start...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
seanp wrote:

I've.... uh... thought of this... and uh... well... sort of, kind of, a little bit... made... uh, a start...

I hope we're all getting credits laugh
Royalties shares would be nice too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marshall P.
United States
Wichita
Kansas
flag msg tools
"Nothing in Biology Makes Sense Except in the Light of Evolution" - Theodosius Dobzhansky
badge
There is grandeur in this view of life, whilst this planet has gone cycling on according to the fixed law of gravity, from so simple a beginning endless forms most beautiful and most wonderful have been, and are being, evolved.
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:

To be accurate shouldn't your book open with the author dying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mdp4828 wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

To be accurate shouldn't your book open with the author dying?

Chapter 0 ends.

The book you hold now in your hands, these very words, were written by a dead man. The same man who was alive just one chapter ago now lies dead on the basement floor, his flesh shredded and gnawed. A single bare bulb swings over him, flickering soft yellow light over the pool of maroon turning brown beneath the body. Somewhere, a pipe drips and splashes onto a dark and hidden corner.

Looking closer, you see that a note has been attached to the body - with a knife. It is written in hastily scrawled blood and the source is obvious. It reads:

"You have only 7 chapters to learn... we'll eat you in the end!"

And the signature is a large, ghastly paw-print the size of a human hand.

It is now Chapter 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Javal wrote:
kimapesan wrote:
seanp wrote:

I hope we're all getting credits laugh
Royalties shares would be nice too

You die in chapter 3, after revealing yourself as the seer. All of chapter 3 is devoted to the Seer Reveal, since that's often the day it happens on.

You want royalties? That'll sort of depend on whether it sells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Golden Lotus
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
You die in chapter 3, after revealing yourself as the seer. All of chapter 3 is devoted to the Seer Reveal, since that's often the day it happens on.

This reminds me of a Goons Show where all of the Goons characters are parts in a book. At one point they are talking to the author (paraphrased):

Bloodnock: See here, can't you do something for me? I met a delightful young lady in Chapter 2 but...me fires had gone out.
Author: Don't worry, I have it all under control.
Bloodnock: Really?
Author: Yes, in the next chapter you get hit by a bus.

The warning to the aspiring authors out there from this episode is this: don't let the characters get hold of your typewriter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
Ah, wait you don't know who you have to vote out to win, but surely the reviewers form a formidable safe list?

Not with the things they were saying about my ostensible product they don't I'll swear at least one of them was the Mad Scientist.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shugyosha wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

This reminds me of a Goons Show where all of the Goons characters are parts in a book. At one point they are talking to the author (paraphrased):

Bloodnock: See here, can't you do something for me? I met a delightful young lady in Chapter 2 but...me fires had gone out.
Author: Don't worry, I have it all under control.
Bloodnock: Really?
Author: Yes, in the next chapter you get hit by a bus.

The warning to the aspiring authors out there from this episode is this: don't let the characters get hold of your typewriter.

The question is just what 7 lessons should be taught in the book. Maybe some like:

1. Your first instincts are usually wrong (The random day 1 lynch)

2. Deadweight is expendable (The contribute or die principle)

3. Never believe the improbable to be impossible (The False Seer reveal)

4. Never let a liar get away with it twice (The False Seer lives)

etc. etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
The question is just what 7 lessons should be taught in the book. Maybe some like:

etc. etc.

7. Vote Latria.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Valvard
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:
kimapesan wrote:

etc. etc.

7. Vote Latria.

8. The game is not over until the mod actually SAYS it's over (The 'someone casts a spell of power introducing new players into the game and completely changing the numbers' event)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think this could actually be a successful Business book, along the lines of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

Title the book "Are You a Werewolf?" and illustrate the principles of the game through a narrated "game", how those principles translate to the business world, and then wrap it up with suggestions on how to use Werewolf as a business "team-building" exercise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
I think this could actually be a successful Business book, along the lines of "Who Moved My Cheese?"

Title the book "Are You a Werewolf?" and illustrate the principles of the game through a narrated "game", how those principles translate to the business world, and then wrap it up with suggestions on how to use Werewolf as a business "team-building" exercise.

Well go to it, then.

I'll buy a copy when you're done.

Heck, I'll even proofread

Oooh - another lesson -

Sometimes a known Werewolf is safer than an unknown enemy. And sometimes it's not but they will tell you it is.
I'm thinking of Bewitched 4 here ...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MK
United States
Coshocton
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melissa wrote:

Sometimes a known Werewolf is safer than an unknown enemy. And sometimes it's not but they will tell you it is.

Hey WAIT a minute!

That was true in River's Edge and you STILL lynched me!

Heh... guess that was the first in a series of wolf-deals down the road........

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
West Linn
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kimapesan wrote:
melissa wrote:

Hey WAIT a minute!

That was true in River's Edge and you STILL lynched me!

Heh... guess that was the first in a series of wolf-deals down the road........

Yeah Kima, your work in Edge paved the way for us in B4 - too bad you missed it. Melissa got pegged and survived for about 4-5 days. I was a wolf as well, got poisoned, and came out point blank to make a deal with the village: pass me an antidote and I'll give you a witch. Of course, they didn't take the deal. They never do. I died.

Only thing that's left is for you to false reveal as a seer when an innocent villager. I paved the way for you there in Disco Inferno and you have said that you're going to do it sometime. I'm waiting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.