Subject: for anyone whos played this already rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
J-o Jankowski
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I was reading over the rules and i was just curious, how often do the hungers get to battle during the game?? do they only use there weapons and skills to fight against dracula, or do they fight other minions of dracula as well as the vampires that dracula raises in order to win?? curious about this guys, let me know thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luca Iennaco
Italy
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
Against his minions: yes. Of course, it depends by how many of them Dracula draws and is thus able to deploy on the map; but since there are a fair number of them, it happens from time to time. It's good that it doesn't happen too often, as combat "breaks" the flow of the game; with the actual frequency it offers some tension from time to time.
Besides, the game is more a "hunt" (coordinate the movements, track the Count, confront the perils, only part of which are physical minions to fight, etc.) than a "brawl".

Against his Vampires: no. Well, there's a single card (on 75) that allows you to do so, but apart that, you've to find and destroy them while they're still "maturing". After that, it's too late.

Agasint Dracula: yes. How often REALLY depends by the Dracula-player. If he opts for a "hiding" strategy (relying on New Vampires to win), combat will be more rare. If he prefers to attack (probably someone weakened by the encounters and with the favour of the night), fights will occur more frequently (and the game is probably going to last less, in any case).

Have fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Cary
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
When I've played the game, between all the hunters there were usually 2-4 combat encounters with Minions (Assasins, Gypsies, etc) and around 2 combat encounters with the Count. This does not include wolves, lightning strikes, and similar.

Combat is very punishing for both the Hunters and Dracula so just about everyone wants to avoid it if possible. Hunters don't get anything for killing a minion other than clearing a part of the trail for the rest of the hunters and one rough combat against a pistol-waving gypsy can mess you up for the rest of the game.

The Count can get closer to victory by killing hunters, but unless he can confidenlty bump them off while taking no damage in return he will get worn down before he gets enough Vampires to win.

Luca Iennaco is correct, the game is more about the hunt than the battle.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.