United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Quote:
If Guiding the Fellowship
Seperate Pippin from the Fellowship to reduce Hunt Damage by 1.

Okay, suppose there was a tile but there's zero hunt damage, can the guide seperate anyway because he's needed militarily? And if this is the case do they reduce the corruption to negative numbers, effectively healing the fellowship? ("He's gone Mister Frodo, but he left us the last of his pipe-weed")

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Based on common sense:

1. I expect that there being hunt damage is a necessary condition to use the ability.

2. Even if it wasn't, I'm positive that it wouldn't let you actually heal corruption. Taking casualties doesn't let you go negative either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
My feeling as well, however the system does explicitly have negative corruption already in the form of the Phial.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, but Merry's ability "reduces" hunt damage. That's different than Phial, which explicitly heals 2 corruption and doesn't do any hunt damage.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Sturrock
United Kingdom
Bradford
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think the hobbits ability is meant to simulate the sacrifice Merry and Pippin make by distracting the enemy from the ringbearers. Hunt damage seems to happen everytime frodo puts on the ring - Merry or Pippin save him from having to do this...The Phial cures some of the corruption Frodo has gained from wearing the ring...maybe?

B

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave J McWeasely
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
Q Can the Free Peoples player choose to eliminate the Guide of the Fellowship if the Shadow player draws a "zero" Hunt tile after a successful Hunt?

A No! If a "zero" tile is drawn no casualty can be taken.

Its such a short intuitive leap from here to the hobbit-guide question, I think even I can bridge that one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Savaria
Canada
flag msg tools
Q Can the Free Peoples player choose to eliminate the Guide of the Fellowship if the Shadow player draws a "zero" Hunt tile after a successful Hunt?

A No! If a "zero" tile is drawn no casualty can be taken.

But seperate Merry isn't a casualty...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Lewis
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
NFHS Football & Basketball
badge
Dread Our Coming, Suffer Our Presence, Embrace Our Glory (Solonavi War Cry)
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but I think the basis is the same: a "0" for the Hunt Damage cannot be reduced; the Q&A from the FAQ clarifies that it can't be reduced via taking casulaties, but I think you could extend it to mean you can't reduce it via things like Merry, either.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Savaria
Canada
flag msg tools
Ok ya true...

It's reduce HUNT DAMAGE by 1.

but im pretty sure if it was reduce CORRUPTION by 1, you would be able to use it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.