Subject: Session Report - First go with 2 players rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was finally able to sit down with the wife and crack this baby open. This was such an anticipated moment, that I could hardly stand it. Well, we recently played our first game of AoS and I had won while using the purple tokens, so I chose the purple houses and the wife grabbed the black.
Having studied the rules quite thoroughly, the intro went real smooth and we did not see many bumps.
We used the western half of the map. The wife started in the south east (cheaper area), so I started in San Diego (as not to entice too much conflict in our first game). The game continued well, I let her stay ahead so I could try to grab the more expensive plants.
I finally started to splurge on connections and had us in Step 2 right in time (we were just starting to need to connect to the same cities as the other). She followed suite and we were within 2 connections the rest of the game.
I had a chance to finish the game off ( I would have connect 20 of my 21 and she would have connect 19), but for some reason I held off building that 21st connection. So we played one more round, which ended up being pointless (well for me). We both connected to the max of 21 cities (3 areas 7 cities each with no repeat connections). So the tie was broken by a $100 spread (held by her).
The game is great; I felt all of the intricacies that I had hoped for. The 2 player game is a little mechanical, there is not much conflict in the auction (there are plenty of good plants) and I think we need to make sure and intervene with each others connecting plans more for now on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Wilson
United States
Pleasanton
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
phaedrus wrote:
We both connected to the max of 21 cities (3 areas 7 cities each with no repeat connections). So the tie was broken by a $100 spread (held by her).

Both were connected to 21 cities? Cool. How many did each of you power in that final round?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Jarvis
United States
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We were both able to power all 21. I misswrote when I said that before the final round I could connect 20 of 21 cities (if I had gone for the win) and she could power 19 of hers, I accidently said connect instead of power. We were pretty nonconfrontational so the the money kept rolling in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.