Popular Tags: [View All]
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would assume this is going to be compatible with the pastel colored Pro Ludo version of the game....and not the rerelease Z-man Games version. Is it possible that it will work with either? I would think simply asthetics makes that unlikely. I wonder if/when a Z-man expansion will appear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magic Pink
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Reading the description, it sounds like all the pieces are new so it should work with either set. The sizes of the pieces may be a problem tho.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
(from spielbox.de): The expansion will be compatible with the 1st edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
’Reef Encounters of the Second Kind’ (RE2) from R&D Games is scheduled for publication at Essen 2006. RE2 is not a game in its own right, but an expansion set to the first edition of Reef Encounter published by R&D Games (2004) and uses the graphics from that version.

This expansion can also be used with the second edition of Reef Encounter published by Quined Games, What’s Your Game? and Z-Man Games (all 2005). However the graphics do not match those of the second edition. A second edition of RE2 using the graphics from the second edition of Reef Encounter is also likely to be published at around the same time.

This announcement (BGG entry and illustrations) has been made earlier than planned (February 2006) due to details arising from a different source having been published elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chester
United States
Temple
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Richard, for taking the time to respond.

I'm very interested in the expansion, but I think I'd like to wait for one that is compatible with my Z-man Games reprint.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geo
Greece
Athens
Marousi
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Richard Breese wrote:
’Reef Encounters of the Second Kind’ (RE2) from R&D Games is scheduled for publication at Essen 2006.

I hope that it is not a limited edition and owners of 1st edition who can't attend Essen will be able to buy it. Am i right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Breese
United Kingdom
Stratford-upon-Avon
Warwickshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GeoMan wrote:
I hope that it is not a limited edition and owners of 1st edition who can't attend Essen will be able to buy it. Am I right?

Yes and no. I discussed the issue of expansion sets with Martin Wallace some while ago and he was kind enough to give me the benefit of his own experience in this area. He helpfully pointed out the obvious that you will never sell as many expansion sets as you sell of the original edition. There were approximately 1,000 copies of the R&D version of RE. Having given the matter some thought, I have decided that 500 should be about right, bearing in mind I have a significant number of regular customers, and at the moment my intention is to produce that number.

I am happy to reserve a copy for you if you mail me on my e-mail address richard@qbreese.fsnet.co.uk There is no obligation on your part and if you change your mind nearer the time that is fine. This arrangement will address my main concern of cost to you, in particular the postage to the United States. Once I know what this and I have the costings for the game from Ludofact (the German producers) I will be able to finalise a price and publish these. This also highlights the second problem in that I will probably not have copies until after Essen to mail to you, as I will only receive the games from Ludopackt (the German logistics company) at the show.

Hope this helps and allays any concerns you have about availability.

cornjob wrote:
I'm very interested in the expansion, but I think I'd like to wait for one that is compatible with my Z-man Games reprint.

Absolutely. If you have a second edition from Quined Games, What’s Your Game? Or Z-Man Games then you will hopefully be able to get an expansion set produced by one of those companies so that you have matching graphics.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
T. Rosen
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm really, really looking forward to this expansion now. Sorry the cat got out of the bag earlier than you'd wanted Mr. Breese, but I'm sure it's at least gotten many of us BGGers excited for next Fall. I'll be waiting and hoping for a Z-Man version, and am now looking forward to it very much!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C C
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking forward to this expansion too. I have recently bought the Z Man games version and love the game.

CC

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
phil v
United States
Richmond (North of Berkeley)
California
flag msg tools
It struck me, just now, how much I enjoy RE. How much, you ask? So much that while I consistantly lose (when I play in person), I am jonesing for an expansion. More ways to lose? Perhaps. Frankly, I don't care: it's just too fun to play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.