Subject: Session Report rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
I wanted to play another indisputible classic, so we pulled out Modern Art. We were, for all practical purposes, newbies (I'd played it the most -- twice). It's been reported that newbies can wreck this game, but we didn't find this to be a problem. Everyone's bidding seemed to be arguably reasonable.

Modern Art is to Quandary as Ra is to It's Mine. Knizia has a remarkable way of creating systems that are solid enough to work as deep strategy games (Modern Art/Ra) and lighter family fare (Quandary/It's Mine). Quandary is probably one of my favorite games; I've certainly had more opportunity to play it than MA. It's nice for the chance to play the "real Mccoy".

Our game had a taste of Gore-Bush in it. Josh seemed to be doing extremely well, especially in the last two rounds -- he earned $220,000 in each. Before the final tally was calculated, we all thought Josh had it in the bag. I asked everyone to count their money so I could record it for the session report. Kelan reported that he had $413,000. Then Josh reported that he only had $357,000 and our eyes widened. What??? We then realized that Josh had spent quite a bit of money in the last round. He then informed us that he was practically cash-broke going into the third round. Fascinating...what we all thought would be a clear-sailing win for Josh turned into a win for Kelen. [and no, we didn't ask for a recount]

Kelan $413,000
Josh $357,000
Stephen $341,000
Kelly $285,000

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.