Popular Tags: [View All]
Alan Faller
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This may interest someone who doesn't already have it.

I was wandering round "Snoopers Paradise" today (Kensington Gardens in Brighton) and I cam across something quite interesting.

It is an original copy of the Hartland Trefoil edition of Civilization.

It is in generally good condition. The box has a rip along the join in one corner, and is slightly concave. The game though appears complete with map, bagged pieces and cards all looking in good condition. The instructions are the original booklet which looks almost as if it were produced on a typewriter (which was exactly what you got all those years ago). I should add that the "timeline" is also present and correct.

This is the version of the game that predates the AH edition - to all intents and purposes though it is the same game.

The label says £22.

I was considering buying it and then putting it up for a GG Auction, but to be honest I don't need the gold or the hassle that much. (And I already have the original AH edition).

If you go to check it out, then go in through the turnstile entrance, and you will find it on the corridor towards the back just as you turn to the right.

I hope that information will be useful to someone - it has been sat there unloved for at least a week now and really needs a good home.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Thorp
United States
Granite Falls
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
"Come on! Come on! Come and get it, baby! Come on! I don't got all day! Come on! Come on! Come on you bastard! Come on, you too! Oh, you want some of this? "
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't think you could find any kind of civilization in Brighton!
Seriously, buy it. Sounds like a killer deal.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hermus
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I thought maybe they just got a McDonald's or something.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Faller
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That there MacDonalds is where all themst posh peoples go.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Faller
United Kingdom
Brighton
East Sussex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, it looks like it has now gone.

I went along to the shop to buy this on behalf of a fellow geek in the States and it has now sadly gone.

I wonder if I can work out which of you has bought it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben .
United Kingdom
Unspecified
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan,

Thanks for this - it was picked up by a friend for me back on that weekend and has finally made it's way into my sticky (I washed them before I even touched it - honest!) paws today. Apologies to whoever else was after this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.