SAKURA in KYOTO 2018 Back to Kansai
England
York
North Yorkshire
flag msg tools
admin
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Check out our photos from Beyond Monopoly!'s display at Vapnartak 06.

http://www.tragsnart.co.uk/gamehub/vapnartak06/vapnartak06.h...

Vapnartak is a big war games show held in York each year by the York War Games Society. They gave us a couple of free tables last year to display German games, and on the back of that we started Beyond Monopoly!, the best game club in York.

This year, we got FIVE free tables, we had a superb display, lots of posters from Zoch, catalogues from Queen, Winning Moves even sent us FREE GAMES!

We had games running all day long. We had a tonne of people checking our stand out, taking our 300 full colour flyers, courtesy of Woody, who also ran up full size A3 posters for us, and made stands. And he was even smart enough to grab my camera and start taking photos.

Best of all, we had the sense to print registration forms to get people's details, and 30 people signed up and gave their emails. So we should get a big boost to Beyond Monopoly!

Many thanks to every one for helping. We had 4 people on the stand all day, lots of work setting it up and breaking it down. Steve Hedges did the driving and carried all the boxes up and down, Dave Jakowyszyn and Mark Shannon stuck all the posters up and ran the games in two shifts, Wolfgang Scherer came out after just 3 hours sleep to help demo games with Michael Baines, who also drove me around the day before, including a trip back to Guppys because I forgot the cloths.

I was soooo pleased! We looked really professional this time. We were often asked the prices of games. We're not selling, we're a club! We had so many people stay and talk to us, it was much better than last year. Roll on Vapnartak 2007!

For more details, check out our main thread:
http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/57583
or our wiki for more details:
http://bmyork.pbwiki.com/

Beyond Monopoly! is York's best gameclub, open 10.30am to 5.30pm at Guppys on Nunnery Lane. It's just a short walk from the railway station, and we get plenty of gamers from all around. You'll be very welcome, especially if you are new to german games. You don't have to know anything, we'll show you a variety of games, and there are plenty of people to explain the rules. Drop in when you want (£3.40 on the door, less for Guppys members).

Cheers,
Jon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Rollings
United Kingdom
Peterborough
Cambs
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like attendance at your gaming group could explode. Good job!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michelle Zentis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jon, congratulations! Looks like you all had loads of fun!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Siggins
England
Bexhill
SUSSEX
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Congrats Jon. Great work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Melissa
Australia
Parkville
Vic
flag msg tools
admin
designer
May you find the Perfect Shoe! xxx
badge
Mostly offline, but trying.
mbmbmbmbmb
Fantastic, Jon!

I will have to pick your brain about your display and how it was set up, as we are doing a couple of these later this year.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.